Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Inventor View

5 REPLIES 5
Message 1 of 6
Anonymous
240 Views, 5 Replies

Inventor View

Hello all,

I was wondering if anybody can help me out with issue it would be much appreciated.

So, I found a way to convert an Invetor drawing to PDF using the Inventor View (by means of using the printing function). However, I've noticed that when it converts to PDF it leaves some symbols out (i.e. diameter symbol, tolerance symbol, etc.).

Do I need to change some properties in order to avoid this?

5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6
johnsonshiue
in reply to: Anonymous

Hi! The behavior does not sound right to me. Could you do a quick test for me? Try saving the drawing file as DWF (or DWFx). Do you see the same problem? If yes, could you post the drawing file and its reference ipt iam files here or send them to me?

Many thanks!

Johnson Shiue (johnson.shiue@autodesk.com)
Software Test Engineer
Message 3 of 6
Anonymous

Try properties for your pdf printer and see if there is a similar setting:

11-3-2014 2-42-56 PM.png

Message 4 of 6
mcgyvr

@Anonymous wrote:

Hello all,

I was wondering if anybody can help me out with issue it would be much appreciated.

So, I found a way to convert an Invetor drawing to PDF using the Inventor View (by means of using the printing function). However, I've noticed that when it converts to PDF it leaves some symbols out (i.e. diameter symbol, tolerance symbol, etc.).

Do I need to change some properties in order to avoid this?

There is no need to use Inventor viewer to create a PDF file of a drawing.

It can be done directly from Inventor. Either by printing to a PDF printer (cutepdf if you don't have acrobat) or you can do a save copy as and pick pdf or even export pdf.

Or is this on a computer that does not have Inventor installed? If so you need to install the AIGDT font on that computer. 

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Inventor 2023 - Dell Precision 5570

Did you find this reply helpful ? If so please use the Accept Solution button below.
Maybe buy me a beer through Venmo @mcgyvr1269
Message 5 of 6
Anonymous
in reply to: mcgyvr

No, unfortunately Inventor isn't installed into the computer, only the Inventor Viewer. But, I will try all these suggestions and let you know what results I come up with.

Message 6 of 6
Anonymous

Just to give you an idea of what the results are, here is what happens when I convert the file into a PDF using Inventor View

Untitled.jpg

Instead of the actual symbol, in this case it would be the diameter symbol, I get this result instead.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report