Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Inventor View not displaying embedded images (jpg)

6 REPLIES 6
Message 1 of 7
joshuacathey
7742 Views, 6 Replies

Inventor View not displaying embedded images (jpg)

We have standard port details in JPG format that we frequently embed into a drawing via Manage -> Insert Object -> Create From File.

We've discovered that the JPG image does not display in Inventor View (which our co-workers use to view/print drawings).

Any way to resolve this? Thanks in advance.

Josh

6 REPLIES 6
Message 2 of 7
JDMather
in reply to: joshuacathey

What if you use a Sketched Symbol to place the image?

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Autodesk Inventor 2019 Certified Professional
Autodesk AutoCAD 2013 Certified Professional
Certified SolidWorks Professional

Message 3 of 7
joshuacathey
in reply to: JDMather

We tried sketched symbols first, but they don't handle dimension and annotations sufficiently.

We've been using JPG's for maybe a year or so, and this is the first time the problem has been brought to engineering's attention. I suspect it's a new issue, but it's possible that it just went unnoticed for a while, since engineering prints most drawings.

Message 4 of 7
joshuacathey

Unfortunately, it seems you can't copy and paste a sectioned view (or any view other than the "master"). It'd be great to be able to convert a view to a sketched symbol, but I haven't found a way to do so.

Message 5 of 7
Nhall123

Josh

I'm not sure that it is a recent issue - I've got a customer with the same problem in Inventor/Inventor View 2012

Their big issue is that it's the company logo & is part of their border/title, so they can't print from Inventor View

Nick

Message 6 of 7
vonchillis
in reply to: Nhall123

Has this problem been resolve????

We just upgraded to Inventor 2015 and out DATA department to the new Inventor View and we are having this problem with the titleblock logo not showing up when they open and print the files.

Thanks

Message 7 of 7
cparnell
in reply to: vonchillis

I am not sure if this is what you are looking for, but some time ago I founda way to convert detail views to AutoCAD Blocks which ends up under Drawing Resources in the Inventor .dwg file.

This is Inventor 2014

I don't remember how I ended up doing this. I may have used Autocad some.

See attached file.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report