Inventor General Discussion

Inventor General Discussion

thomas_010
Message 1 of 2 (1,652 Views)

Inventor View 2013 silent installation

1652 Views, 1 Replies
04-10-2012 02:14 AM

Hello,

I have a problem to deploy the 2013 Version of Inventor View. (german)

To install the application i use the msi file which is stored in the folder "x86\inventorview\" in the installation package.

This works after i delete one row in the msi file with the tool "orca". (removed the exe launch condition)

When I try to start the application after the installation, I receive the error "ApprenticeRegSvr has stopped working".

After this error message I recieve "Inventor View stopped working".

I was able to deploy the 2012 Version successfully and use the same procedure for 2013.

When I install the application with the setup.exe it works.

(I also install all 3rd party applications which are required.)

Any ideas?

klapproth
Message 2 of 2 (1,381 Views)

Re: Inventor View 2013 silent installation

06-06-2012 07:20 AM in reply to: thomas_010

Same problem here. It seems the UI-less installer misses some files. I manually copy the missing files per GPO.

From autodesk_inventor_view_r2013_german_win_64bit\x64\de-DE\InventorView\Program Files\Autodesk\Inventor 2013\Bin\Bin32\de-DE copy SrvRes.dll , UTxRes.dll , RSeRes.dll to %ProgramFiles%\Autodesk\Inventor View 2013\Bin\Bin32\en-US

Copy every file from autodesk_inventor_view_r2013_german_win_64bit\x64\de-DE\InventorView\Program Files\Autodesk\Inventor 2013\Bin\Bin32\de-DE to %APPDATA%\Autodesk\Inventor View 2013\Bin\en-US without overwriting any file (use target rule: CREATE)

Announcements
Are you familiar with the Autodesk Expert Elites? The Expert Elite program is made up of customers that help other customers by sharing knowledge and exemplifying an engaging style of collaboration. To learn more, please visit our Expert Elite website.
Need installation help?

Start with some of our most frequented solutions or visit the Installation and Licensing Forum to get help installing your software.