Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Inventor VBA File crashes IV instantly

10 REPLIES 10
SOLVED
Message 1 of 11
axi92
1524 Views, 10 Replies

Inventor VBA File crashes IV instantly

I have an .ivb File and IV loads this file on start, and crashes instantly.

If i change the startup file to an empty one IV starts and if I load the Project file manualy it crashes again

I know which line brings the crash but i cant edit the file to delete this line, so what can I do?

10 REPLIES 10
Message 2 of 11
pball
in reply to: axi92

This sounds like the same issue I just had recently. I have Inventor 2014 SP1 and it was crashing during the splash screen until I removed my vba project file.

If you are running 2014 SP1 or newer you could try removing the SP and updates and loading the ivb file again. I was able to load my project file and export all the scripts from the scripts editor. Then I made a new project file and imported all the scripts and upgraded Inventor and everything worked fine. I'm guessing Inventor some how corrupted the ivb file and for some reason only SP1 or newer crashes when that happens.

I'm in contact with someone from Autodesk about this issue currently, so hopefully something will come of it. Also it might be good to make a copy of your bad ivb file and file a bug report.
Message 3 of 11
axi92
in reply to: pball

I checked my corrupt file into vault so I have an copy of that. But where can i bug report this file?
And yes I have SP1 ist there a SP2? Eventualy the SP2 works again to open it?

Can i remove just the SP1 so I can open it edit and reinstall the SP1? If so how can i remove the SP1?

Message 4 of 11
Yijiang.Cai

You could submit the error report when crash, and we could get it. If possible, please send the copy of VBA file to me at river-yijiang.cai@autodesk.com for further investigation. You could access control panel and switch to view installed updates page to uninstall it.
Thanks,
River Cai

Inventor Quality Assurance Team
Autodesk, Inc.
Email: River-Yijiang.Cai@autodesk.com
Message 5 of 11
axi92
in reply to: Yijiang.Cai

I report every crash report 5-10 per day 😃
I have sent you the file, ty for your help
Message 6 of 11
axi92

Now i got the next problem after downgrading (removed all updates) and restart the computer.

I start IV and on the Splashscreen i got the Message:

AdLm kann nicht initialisiert werden.
Meldung über internen Fehler: <Preptool wurde seit Erstellung nicht ausgeführt.>
Fehlercode: <6>

What does it mean?

AdLm? License Manager?

Internal Error: Preptool was not executet since it was created?

Is there a service not running?

Message 7 of 11
axi92

Open the File in a IV 2012 and removing the line solved my problem

Message 8 of 11
pball

axi92, do you store your VBA project file on your computer or a network drive. I store mine on a network drive and want to see where others with this issue save theirs.
Message 9 of 11
axi92
in reply to: pball

Now we use Vault and the complete VBA "Makro" Folder is also in Vault and downloaded local.
Before we used Vault the VBA folder was on the server (network) but that is not the point of this problem.
The only thing is if others load this ivb file into IV you can't edit or better say you can't save your changes except all other users close their IV.
Message 10 of 11
miechh

Another strange thing. Last week I was editing some of my VBA-macros in the VB-editor in Inventor. Changed some lines, saved the .ivb file, closed the VBA-editor and started using the edited macro's. So far so good. At the end of the day I closed Inventor. Next day started Inventor and it crashed on the splash-screen. From experience Smiley Frustrated I know this has to do with the .ivb-file, so I replaced the last edited ivb-file with a previous backup, and it all worked again. Only problem is that all the editing was done for nothing. Yesterday I had to edit the .ivb file again, changed some lines of code, didn't save it in the VBA-editor, but instead I closed Inventor. Inventor then asked me if it was okay to save the changes in the .ivb-file on which I answered with yes. Then I restarted Inventor, again it crashed on the splash-screen. Come on, Autodesk, what's wrong here, and how can I solve this problem? Smiley Mad

Product Design Suite 2024
Inventor 2024 (v 28.20.27200.0000), Vault Basic 2024
Fusion 360
HP Workstation Z4
Intel Xeon 3.4GHz
32GB RAM
Windows 10 Professional (64bit)
Message 11 of 11
pball
in reply to: miechh

Do you have all of the service packs and hotfixes? There was a hotfix released specifically for the VBA crashing issue. There also appears to be an update 4 for sp2 if you haven't installed that yet.

This should be the hotfix.
http://knowledge.autodesk.com/support/inventor-products/downloads/caas/downloads/content/hotfix-inv1...

If you have all of this installed or it still happens afterwards you can submit a bug report here. I've gotten responses most times I've used this form.
http://usa.autodesk.com/adsk/servlet/index?siteID=123112&id=1109794

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report