Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Inventor Vault 2012

4 REPLIES 4
Message 1 of 5
Alpha72
246 Views, 4 Replies

Inventor Vault 2012

Morning,

On one of our computers we've been having some issues with Inventor. It's crashing a couple times a day and when your working on a drawing on the hard drive and go to put it into Vault it says the panels are not in vault but they already are so it's wanting to double dip (see attached). 

I've downloaded the recent updates and that hasn't fixed it. It's only his computer and seems to be specific to that folder. I tried just deleting the folder and and grabbing from vault but it did nothing.

I'm not sure what else to do aside from uninstalling then restalling. Has anyone else seen or herd of this problem before?

Thanks
Justin

4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
karthur1
in reply to: Alpha72

I think the workspace for that particular folder has been edited.

In Vault Explorer, browse to where the panels are.  Right click and chose "Get/Checkout".  In the Vault path column is this correct?

Under Vault Tools>Options menu, you can turn the working folders on so you can easily tell where the files are going.

Message 3 of 5
Alpha72
in reply to: karthur1

Yup, already checked the file paths as to where they were going and everything is correct. I even hit yes to put them in vault and it doesnt because they already exist. What does not make sence is it's only the specific folder he's in.

Message 4 of 5
Mark_Wigan

sorry for the obvious question if you arelady sorted it, but are you guys all using the same ipj (inventor project file) ?

Ie, I would like to see your vault mapping for this ipj and set of Files. If that project file does not have the same mappings as when those files were first checked into vault Then vault will think they will be duplicates, not the exact same files.

best regards,
- Mark

(Kudo or Tag if helpful - in case it also helps others)

PDSU 2020 Windows 10, 64bit.

Message 5 of 5
karthur1

... I even hit yes to put them in vault and it doesnt because they already exist.....

It doesnt put them into vault because you have the option to "Enforce Unique File Names"..correct?  or for some other reason.

In VE, browse to the folder where the panels exist.  Right-click>Go to working folder.  Does it take you to the correct folder in Windows Explorer?

Some screen shots would be helpful.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report