Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Inventor Update Hung Up in Autodesk Application Manager

5 REPLIES 5
SOLVED
Message 1 of 6
tdswanson
586 Views, 5 Replies

Inventor Update Hung Up in Autodesk Application Manager

Hey everyone:

I have the Product Design Suite Ultimate 2015 installed and I use Inventor about 80% of my day.  I have an update that's been pushed down through the Autodesk Application Manager program and it's hung up in the Application Manager.  I open the application and there's a spinning wheel in there on the Updates tab.  It's been that way for a couple weeks and several reboots, but I can't get it cleared.

Since there doesn't appear to be a support area for that application, I posted here.  

And for what it's worth, I logged into the subscription site and tried log a support ticket, but again, the first drop down asks you to select your product, and the application manager isn't in there.

Can someone help?

Thanks!

5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6
mcgyvr
in reply to: tdswanson

yeah.. don't feel too bad.. Its been quite flaky lately.. I'm sure they know about it and will address it with a fix sometime or another..

see attached.. notice mine says I need to install SP1.. but as you can see its already installed.. but application manager says not installed.

Also I've had that 3ds extension 1 listed for over a month now and it won't install either.. 

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Inventor 2023 - Dell Precision 5570

Did you find this reply helpful ? If so please use the Accept Solution button below.
Maybe buy me a beer through Venmo @mcgyvr1269
Message 3 of 6
salariua

There is a bug in Application Manger. You need to uninstall it and install it again from here:

http://knowledge.autodesk.com/search-result/caas/downloads/content/autodesk-application-manager.html

Adrian S.
blog.ads-sol.com 

AIP2012-2020 i7 6700k AMD R9 370
Did you find this reply helpful ?
If so please use the Accepted Solutions or Like button - Thank you!
Message 4 of 6
tdswanson
in reply to: salariua

Here's what I did to resolve this issue:

* Uninstall the Application Manager through the Add/Remove Programs dialog box in Windows.

* Reboot

* Deactivate Anti-Virus software

* Right click on the installation file and choose "Run As Administrator"

* After the program installed, I rebooted again just to be cautious

* Open the Application Manager, and run any updates for Application Manager

* It found the Inventor update that was hung up before (SP1).  SP1 was already installed, but I ran the update and it apparently installed again successfully.

Thank you for your help!

Message 5 of 6
salariua

I have reinstalled it but haven't touch update for the manager app itself, just the rest of them (inventor, 3d max, etc.). I figured if it's a bug I'll wait till next update!

Adrian S.
blog.ads-sol.com 

AIP2012-2020 i7 6700k AMD R9 370
Did you find this reply helpful ?
If so please use the Accepted Solutions or Like button - Thank you!
Message 6 of 6
tdswanson
in reply to: salariua

I can't blame you for saying that, but just to be clear, I had this issue BEFORE I ran this update.  Good luck!

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report