Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Inventor Tube and Pipe

3 REPLIES 3
Message 1 of 4
Anonymous
279 Views, 3 Replies

Inventor Tube and Pipe

Hello,

I am trying to constrain flexible hose in the Tube and Pipe routing portion of Inventor 2014. I am unable to get the nodes to constrain and when I do a positional representation my sweep fails because the hose isnt constrained. I did try to make the Origin planes visible within my Tube and Pipe assembly and tried to include geometry, but it will not work for me. Does anyone out there have any suggestions for me on this?

3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
cbenner
in reply to: Anonymous

Welcome aboard!

@Anonymous wrote:

Hello,

I am trying to constrain flexible hose in the Tube and Pipe routing portion of Inventor 2014. I am unable to get the nodes to constrain and when I do a positional representation my sweep fails because the hose isnt constrained. I did try to make the Origin planes visible within my Tube and Pipe assembly and tried to include geometry, but it will not work for me. Does anyone out there have any suggestions for me on this?

Well, a lot depends on what you are trying to constrain from and to in your route.  Do you use Auto Routes?  Can you post a screen shot of what you're having difficulty with?  

AutoCAD 2013; AuoCAD Electrical 2013; IV 2013 Professional: Tube and Pipe, Frame Generator, Content Center; Vault Professional 2013: Client, ECO

Message 3 of 4
blair
in reply to: cbenner

I only really concern myself with the start and end of the run and then place a number of "Grounded Work Points" from within the T & P module on the sweep line. Then RMB on each one and bring up the move triad. You can then "grab" the end arrow of the triad and drag it to the correct position. Since we use a lot of hanger clips, I position the ground work point inside the hanger clip to constrain the run.

Inventor 2020, In-Cad, Simulation Mechanical

Just insert the picture rather than attaching it as a file
Did you find this reply helpful ? If so please use the Accept as Solution or Kudos button below.
Delta Tau Chi ΔΤΧ

Message 4 of 4
cbenner
in reply to: blair

As a rigid pipe designer, I make sure my routes are all fully constrained to geometry, while still leaving at least one or more "legs" undimensioned to accomodate growth or shrinkage when there is the inevitable equipment layout change.  This is much more important with rigid pipe than it is with flexible hoses.Underconstrain and you can lose your angles and corners and the route fails.... overconstrain and your route cannot grow or shrink when things move.... and the route fails.  It's a discipline in finding the fine line.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report