Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

INVENTOR- TROUBLE RENDERING ANIMATIONS.

1 REPLY 1
Message 1 of 2
moeayyash2443
786 Views, 1 Reply

INVENTOR- TROUBLE RENDERING ANIMATIONS.

Hello,

I am having a couple of problems with trying to render an animation that I finally completed. 

First, even though I did set up a camera, when I am in the "render animation" mode under the "General" tab, it will allow me to select the lighting, scene style and render type I want but it doesn't even give me the option to choose my camera view which is labeled "camera1". In the 3 screen shot photos I have attached, I show how when I am in the "render image" option, it DOES allow me to select my camera view I setup up.

Second, my entire animation is a total off 55 seconds as you can see in the animation timeline at the bottom. While in the "render animation" mode under the "Output" tab, under "Time Range" I have the SPECIFIED TIME RANGE box selected. When attempting to enter 55.0s in the box to the right, a box pops up telling me it is an "INVALID EXPRESSION"? I also have an attachment of a screen shot showing that. I don't understand how that is an invalid expression, I just want the full extent of my animation to be rendered.

So the two main problems I'm having are not being able to select my camera1 view for the rendering of my animation, and not being able to input the time frame of my animation without it being considered an "invalid expression".

ANY help would truly be well appreciated! Thank you for your time.

1 REPLY 1
Message 2 of 2

Hello, I did also have the same problem with the view selection disappearing when I was trying to render an animation.

The reason:

"When rendering, productions have precedence over animations."

The solution:

To render an animation, and not a production, deactivate any active production. Right-click the production and select Activate to deactivate it."

Hope it solves your problem! It solved mine atleast! 😄

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report