Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Inventor to Revit: Can't see model faces.

10 REPLIES 10
Message 1 of 11
pcrawley
732 Views, 10 Replies

Inventor to Revit: Can't see model faces.

I have a problem with getting an Inventor model into Revit.  It's not the import of the model that's the problem, but the way the model displays in Revit.  (It displays fine in AutoCAD, 3ds max etc - just not Revit.)

Here's the part file - it's just a simple box with a couple of split-face features on it to generate a pattern.  

1-08-2013 8-01-02 p.m..png

If I take the model into Revit, I can only see the pattern if I select the object.  

Deselect the object and the pattern vanishes.  Here's an unselected/selected screenshot from Revit:

6.png

I'm posting this here in case there's a brilliant Inventor user who also has experience with Revit and may have seen this before.  (I'm also posting it on the Revit DG.)

Models attached - Inventor 2014 IPT and a SAT version of the same.

Peter
10 REPLIES 10
Message 2 of 11
DarrenP
in reply to: pcrawley

what about using the .adsk format?

to go from inventor to revit

DarrenP
Did you find this post helpful? Feel free to Like this post.
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.

EESignature

Message 3 of 11
DarrenP
in reply to: DarrenP

nevermind its doing the same thing

DarrenP
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.

EESignature

Message 4 of 11
pcrawley

Cheers for trying!  Annoying isn't it.  

This has been bugging be for days.  I'm at the point where I would willingly pay for a solution.

Peter
Message 5 of 11
DarrenP

its probably some revit setting we are missing

DarrenP

EESignature

Message 6 of 11
pcrawley

I really hope so, but so far the Revit forum is very very quiet.

I have a few friends who are (in my eyes) Revit guru's - but so far they haven't found the elusive setting.

Peter
Message 7 of 11
DarrenP

i will try to get some other revit gurus to look at also

DarrenP

EESignature

Message 8 of 11
DarrenP

i ran a check revit features report attached

split 1 & 2 are unsupported

DarrenP

EESignature

Message 9 of 11
DarrenP

someone responded on your other thread here:

http://forums.autodesk.com/t5/Autodesk-Revit-Architecture/Model-edge-display-problem/td-p/4350861

DarrenP

EESignature

Message 10 of 11
Toth2012

The BIM exchange worked great for me in Inventor 2013 but in Inventor 2014 it is not working so well.  Please let me know if you find a fix.  You would think with all the extra buttons they added to Inventor 2014 for Revit that it would work better.

Message 11 of 11
pcrawley
in reply to: Toth2012

Find a fix?  For what?

This post was a very specific feature of the BIM exchange that wasn't broken as such - it just didn't do what I expected.  If you have a general question about BIM Exchange, then a new post might be more appropriate.

Peter

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report