Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Inventor to AutoCAD convertion and print

6 REPLIES 6
SOLVED
Message 1 of 7
chantinaveen
820 Views, 6 Replies

Inventor to AutoCAD convertion and print

I am using Inventor 2010 for my project. I am doing drafting in Inventor 2010. When I convert drawings to AUTOCAD, the files are not being printed good. If I use monocrome option also, yellow color of the drawing shows as yellow color in print preview. Its not the issue with yellow only. Except black, all colors showing in their same color in the print preview.
I observed that if I select the 255,255,0 color and changed to Yellow (in AutoCAD), then I am able to print them in black. I can not do this for thousands of my files. please provide me solution.

Thank you,

Naveen

nksuggala@vasol.biz

6 REPLIES 6
Message 2 of 7
mcgyvr
in reply to: chantinaveen

Why are you even using Autocad?

Just print staight from Inventor (with all colors as black print option)?

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Inventor 2023 - Dell Precision 5570

Did you find this reply helpful ? If so please use the Accept Solution button below.
Maybe buy me a beer through Venmo @mcgyvr1269
Message 3 of 7
bob_holland

Naveen,

You will need tell Inventor to save the DWG with AutoCAD colors.

Here are the steps:

SaveAs  AutoCAD DWG
Select File version
Select Mapping Options button
Select General Tab
Select Use AutoCAD color incides for entities and layers

Please try these steps and let us know if this does of does not resolve your issue.

Bob Holland
Autodesk Product Support
Message 4 of 7
chantinaveen
in reply to: bob_holland

Thank You Bob.

Got it resolved, but still one issue. The Autocad could not able to detect a color 255,255,128 (using for hidden lines - light yellow) from inventor. By selecting the option which you said below also, Autocad showing these hidden lines as light yellow color only.

To resolve this, I need to open all the Inventor files and change the layers color from light yellow (255,255,128) to yellow (255,255,0). Any better option you know than this???

Thank you very much once again. You saved lot of my work.

Naveen

Message 5 of 7
lovebitn

Mr. Holland,

I'm having a similar issue. In Inventor I am doing a save-as, save copy as (Autocad dwg). I followed your steps to Use AutoCAD color indices for entities and layers in the Mapping options.

When I open the newly created drawing in autocad, within the layers, I still show 3 digits (R,G,B) in the color field instead of the one autocad color. When this happens I do not have control over the print color unless I change the pc3 file to monochrome (and that gives me limited control). Changing the pc3 file worked great for our large format printer using a CAD monochrome within that printer (Canon iPF 710). However, my options are limited when choosing Adobe pdf or our tabloid size printer. And so I get a faint grey for certain colors (126, 204, 102 in particular).

Am I missing a step to convert Inventor colors to AutoCAD colors?

Why is this important to me? I have to convert these Inventor drawings to AutoCAD drawings so that other folks in the company can open them. Since I'm already having to convert, I figured batch processing with pre-set plot styles (I have a drawing I import from) would make printing many drawings faster than opening them one by one in inventor to print.

Please help me. I swore to my boss that I can print faster this way and would prove it in a printing race. LOL!

Message 6 of 7
bob_holland

As long as you have made sure to check:

• Select Use AutoCAD color indices for entities and layers

This should get you close.

It this fails you will need to manually change the color you are using in Inventor so that is will match one of the 255 colors available to a CTB map.

Please check this out and let us know.

Bob Holland
Autodesk Product Support
Message 7 of 7
lovebitn

Yes, changing the color in Inventor works. I am going to see about changing our inventor template. Thanks a bunch!

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report