Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Inventor to AutoCAD 2000 Linetype Conversion (Hidden linetype)

0 REPLIES 0
Message 1 of 1
lovebitn
406 Views, 0 Replies

Inventor to AutoCAD 2000 Linetype Conversion (Hidden linetype)

Within Inventor drawings we are using the hidden linetype instead of dashed because it looks better and prints nicely.

When I "save copy as" an AutoCAD file, within the DWG File Export Options, Mapping Options, the Hidden linetype does not seem to exist as an Inventor linetype (but it is available as an AutoCAD linetype). Therefore, when it converts to AutoCAD the scale becomes something like 90 if the model is 1:5. So, the hidden line scale becomes .0022. It looks like a continuous line unless it is rescaled in AutoCAD.

I know that if I use the dashed linetype, I do not have any scaling issues. That would be the easy solution.

Is there a way to use that Hidden linetype in Inventor and have it convert over to AutoCAD at the same scale? I noticed post processing capabitility in that export options dialog (customize dwg/dxf). Can I set it up to change the ltscale of that hidden linetype after it converts? Would I have to set it up for different model scales? I have had no luck doing a search on that post processing box. If I'm on the right track, can someone steer me to where I can learn more about that option (unless there is a better way)?

0 REPLIES 0

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report