Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Inventor Tips & Tricks/Tutorials

6 REPLIES 6
Message 1 of 7
Neil_Cross
7811 Views, 6 Replies

Inventor Tips & Tricks/Tutorials

Hey all,

For the forseeable future I'll be hosting an Inventor Tips & Tricks/Tutorial content library on YouTube.

Content will vary dramatically from best practice tutorials to various tips on commands which tend to be infrequently used or difficult to understand.  The intention is to build a comprehensive library of useful videos in an understandable and easy to follow format, so that novice Inventor users can increase their skill base without needing to trawl through thousands of websites providing content in all different types of format and quality.

This is still in the infancy stage of development with only 17 videos at the time this post was created, but I'll be adding to this regularly.  

A direct link to the full playlist can be found here Inventor Tips & Tricks Full Playlist

I'd be most grateful if anyone requiring assistance and guidance could reply to this post, or in the video comments section, with ideas/suggestions/recommendations for future topics.  Literally anything you need help with (within reason!).

Obviously I need to keep the videos as short as possible to avoid them being too long to hold interest, so unfortunately I can't realistically provide full detailed training via this media, but any and all topics will be considered.  This is not intended to be a substitute for full product training Smiley LOL

If you find the playlist useful, please feel free to subscribe to the YouTube channel to receive notifications on new content as it's uploaded.  That in addition to giving the videos a 'thumbs up' will assist me in gauging interest levels along with the motivation to create additional & similar and related content.

Thanks for your time, and I sincerely hope they're of benefit to some of you folk out there Smiley Happy 

I also have plans to launch a similar playlist focused on providing Vault guidance, coming soon!

Neil Cross. 

6 REPLIES 6
Message 2 of 7
Neil_Cross
in reply to: Neil_Cross

Just a shameless bump for my Inventor tutorial channel, there's now near 40 tutorial videos aimed at beginners up to experienced users.  Now included is:

Always adding to it, requests welcome and usually acted on.

Channel address: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCF7zEkelSRiHB1rOnspaBgQ

Inventor playlist: https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLMhqIwDF76hL7JOL06D0Eetqcvb1oYca3

Thanks to everyone who has subscribed so far and for the amazingly positive feedback Heart

Message 3 of 7
Hawke1

hi Neil 

i stumbled across your tutorials the other day whilst having some free time in work and i must say they are fantastic

i dont think i have ever enjoyed tutorials before but yours make perfect sense and are totaly clear

i really do love the music too dont stop the pipes 

i just wanted to show my gratitude as i cant log on to youtube in work and i have emailed some of your tutorials around the technical department 

please keep up the good work 

Message 4 of 7
Hawke1

hi Neil 

i stumbled across your tutorials the other day whilst having some free time in work and i must say they are fantastic

i dont think i have ever enjoyed tutorials before but yours make perfect sense and are totaly clear

i really do love the music too dont stop the pipes 

i just wanted to show my gratitude as i cant log on to youtube in work and i have emailed some of your tutorials around the technical department 

please keep up the good work 

Message 5 of 7
Neil_Cross
in reply to: Hawke1

Hey thanks man, that means a lot Smiley Happy I'm gonna be on top of these on an ongoing basis, so any suggestions are welcome.  I noticed that Autodesk have recently launched the new Inventor hub which comes with a load of tutorials, including the 2 minute tips... the first one I watched being 4 minutes long... Smiley Frustrated Must admit I wasn't impressed by the first couple I looked at.

But either way, I try to keep mine free from BS and completely impartial, if something is bollox I'll say it's bollox, no sales slant or political correctness present in my party! 

The majority of my tip videos & tutorials have spawned from real life questions I get asked in my current office, which has over 100 design engineers & drafties using Inventor with a wide variety of skills... if someone asks me a question and I know they're a 'good skilled user', it usually implies that what they're asking isn't obvious and easy to figure out without a bit of guidance.  So that's where most of them have come from!

Thanks again though, most appreciated!

Message 6 of 7
Hawke1

yeh i checked out some of the inventor tutorials and i find them very bland and boring 

were as with yours they draw me i a little and are plesent to watch

keep up the good work you have saved me hours of fustrating tinkering 

we use cad assist to help out design deparmtent with bits and bobs but id rather scoot over to your channel to figer something out 

one thing i have been stuck on is inventor struggling when i do a large emboss on a revolved feature i know its not the computer i think it might be simply because of the shear amount of faces its trying to calculate.

Message 7 of 7
Neil_Cross
in reply to: Hawke1

Seen a few posts on here recently from new starters to Inventor, so this is a shameless bump to my tutorial channel!

It's ad free so there's literally nothing in it for me! Fill your boots if you like what you see Smiley Wink

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report