Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

( INVENTOR )THE FILE DATE ISN'T UPDATED AFTER SAVING CHANGES

5 REPLIES 5
Message 1 of 6
AUMNUBEAUM
307 Views, 5 Replies

( INVENTOR )THE FILE DATE ISN'T UPDATED AFTER SAVING CHANGES

Hello. I have a problem with inventor. 

After saving changes in a file, the file date isn't updated.

We are using xcopy with date but it does not work becasue the file date isn't updated after saving changes.

In autocad exists the parameter "isavepercent" which you can modify to "0" update the file date after saving changes.

Does any thing similar exist in Inventor ?

Thank you.

5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6
mdavis22569
in reply to: AUMNUBEAUM

I think what you're getting is the date created ...vs date saved. Without seeing your file ..I'm just guessing

Did you find this reply helpful ? If so please use the Accept as Solution or Kudos button below.

---------
Mike Davis

EESignature

Message 3 of 6
AUMNUBEAUM
in reply to: mdavis22569

Hi Michael. Thank you for your answer.

Xcopy works using saved date.

The problem apears when the file has a small modification. In this case don't updates the date. For that xcopy doesn't detect this modified file and don't copy as updated file. In this case we are loosing these changes. 😞

Message 4 of 6
AUMNUBEAUM

Hello again.

Someone can help me with this problem?

Regards

Aum

Message 5 of 6
hosford

Are you saying that if the file size remains the same it wont be included using xcopy even if the date modified shown in explorer is a later date?

or are you saying that the date modified in explorer isnt updating unless the file size changes (large edit vs small edit)?

Thaddeus Hosford
NUC9i9QNX i9-9980HK, Win 10 Pro 64
Nvidia GTX 1650
Inventor 2021
Message 6 of 6
mdavis22569
in reply to: hosford

Can you post a copy of the idw? So we can see what you're using for the property of that line?

Did you find this reply helpful ? If so please use the Accept as Solution or Kudos button below.

---------
Mike Davis

EESignature

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report