Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Inventor Style, templates and options. Multiple Computers

8 REPLIES 8
SOLVED
Message 1 of 9
Anonymous
750 Views, 8 Replies

Inventor Style, templates and options. Multiple Computers

Hello!

This is going to be my first post here. I am gonna make it short but still try to put all information here. If I leave something out just tell me.

I've been useing inventor for 2 months now and I can handle the 3D and 2D quite good. I'm using inventor in my work. Problem is, I dont know that much about the options and customization in inventor.

My problem:
I started here on my work with 1 computer that they had here with Inventor on it. Styles,aplication options and templates is located localy on that computer.

Now we have 1 more computer here that we installed inventor on with same license. All projects are located on the server.

I'm going to work on both computer 1 and 2. (Not at the same time). This is because limited access.

So I want both computers to have same options and styles so there will be no conflict? What is the normal solution in this situation?

I really appreciate any help you guys can provide!

8 REPLIES 8
Message 2 of 9
mdavis22569
in reply to: Anonymous

Under Options, Go to the File Tab .... You can set up all the files to one area on the server and then direct Inventor to them. You can also set up your IPJ to get to all the libraries etc as well.

Did you find this reply helpful ? If so please use the Accept as Solution or Kudos button below.

---------
Mike Davis

EESignature

Message 3 of 9
Anonymous
in reply to: mdavis22569

Alright, that could problably work out!

I have got some questions doh.

Will i just copy the Design Data folder and put in on the server? 

What will happen to all of the old projects on the server? 

Does the Aplication options matter for your file? Or is that just for personal matter?

Thank you!

Message 4 of 9
mdavis22569

Yes you can copy them all ... then path to them ... If you set up your pc's to all go to the new location the old projects should be fine ...

Did you find this reply helpful ? If so please use the Accept as Solution or Kudos button below.

---------
Mike Davis

EESignature

Message 5 of 9
Anonymous

Okey! Thank you again Sir!

I'll try this, I just don't want to corrupt all other projects and files.

Message 6 of 9
rdyson

You can export App Options and Customize Options as xml files. Then import them in the new computer.

PDSU 2016
Message 7 of 9
Anonymous
in reply to: rdyson

Yes, I have tried that aswell. But when I imported the app options to my new computer and pressed "OK" it loaded for 2 seconds then nothing happend. Is that common?
Message 8 of 9
mdavis22569

you imported it ..you should see the changes made to the files locations etc... unless it was already set up. Then you must restart Inventor 1 time for the changes to take effect.

---------
Mike Davis

EESignature

Message 9 of 9
Anonymous

Will try again, thanks!
Not sure I need the app options to be the same doh.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report