Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

INVENTOR STUDIO

8 REPLIES 8
Message 1 of 9
harry.stout
964 Views, 8 Replies

INVENTOR STUDIO

The student computers in my class will not support Inventor Studio, my computer is fine. I have attached the snapshot of what student machines and mine look like. I don’t know if this may be a Filtering problem (the school has IBoss). We have downloaded the Inventor add-in repair utility but that did not fix the problem. Any suggestions would be appreciated.

8 REPLIES 8
Message 2 of 9
blair
in reply to: harry.stout

Check within the: Tools>Add-In Manager and see if "Inventor Studio" is set to load automatically (select item, check box at bottom).

Inventor 2020, In-Cad, Simulation Mechanical

Just insert the picture rather than attaching it as a file
Did you find this reply helpful ? If so please use the Accept as Solution or Kudos button below.
Delta Tau Chi ΔΤΧ

Message 3 of 9
harry.stout
in reply to: blair

That brought the studio command up but after selecting it the commands (render image) are dark and unselectable

Message 4 of 9
blair

Try logging out of Inventor and restarting, this should load all components.

Inventor 2020, In-Cad, Simulation Mechanical

Just insert the picture rather than attaching it as a file
Did you find this reply helpful ? If so please use the Accept as Solution or Kudos button below.
Delta Tau Chi ΔΤΧ

Message 5 of 9

I work with Harry.stout. if you restart inventor you still get the same grey out features.

Message 6 of 9
aparrow

Maybe you don't have enough of the needed licenses? Try exiting the instructors machine and try students again.

--
Inventor 2012/2014 Certified Professional
Product/Factory Design Suite 2018
Vault Workgroup & Pro 2018
Dell T7610 - Dual Xeon @ 2.5GHz / 64GB Ram / ATI FirePro W7000 / 512GB SSD & Dual 1TB 10k RPM
Dell M7710 - Core i7 2.7GHz / 64GB Ram / AMD FirePro W5170M / Dual 512GB SSDs
Windows 10 64-bit
Message 7 of 9

We have tried numerous times and the teacher computer is not being used nor logged in. We do have enough licenses for the whole school.

Message 8 of 9

hi,

sorry i couldn't see all the ribbon tabs on the snapshot of the students computer. are you saying when you click on environments tab, you have no access to studio?

are you using floating network licenses?

if so then...

who manages your network licenses? can you see the correct amount of studio licenses available in the license manager?

maybe the lic file has not been setup correctly.

have the student computers ever been setup as stand alone licenses and then switched to network licenses afterwards?

it seems strange that they can run inventor but not studio. i would try uninstalling one student inventor along with all software relating to the suite used, and then reinstall as network using correct network server configs.

best regards,
- Mark

(Kudo or Tag if helpful - in case it also helps others)

PDSU 2020 Windows 10, 64bit.

Message 9 of 9
hosford

Its interesting that the student version shows mold vs teacher assembly.

I dont know what the options for mold are.

Thaddeus Hosford
NUC9i9QNX i9-9980HK, Win 10 Pro 64
Nvidia GTX 1650
Inventor 2021

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report