Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Inventor Studio vs Excel

5 REPLIES 5
Message 1 of 6
JamieVJohnson2
476 Views, 5 Replies

Inventor Studio vs Excel

When using Inventor 2013 (Premium), and I switch to Inventor Studio, I get a well hidden message box (switch to desktop, then select the Inventor program on the task bar, to see this message).  In the message it states that the Excel file is not of the expected format.  Natually, its hanging on an Excel message from the hidden excel running in the background. Upon further research I find that this is an Excel program message box, and I can't find a way to prevent it from raising this box.

I don't think Autodesk payed much attention to the Office 2010 suite as it relates to the Inventor Studio. 

Does anybody have a clue of what to do here?

jvj

jvj
5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6
blair
in reply to: JamieVJohnson2

What is the file extension? Is it .xls or .xlsx?

And what is the file.

On Office 2010 here for quite some time and do a lot in Inventor Studio. Haven't had a problem here or on my machine at my office at home.

Inventor 2020, In-Cad, Simulation Mechanical

Just insert the picture rather than attaching it as a file
Did you find this reply helpful ? If so please use the Accept as Solution or Kudos button below.
Delta Tau Chi ΔΤΧ

Message 3 of 6
JamieVJohnson2
in reply to: blair

The file is .xls.  I didn't have this problem until this computer's rebuild (new ssd).

Windows 7 Ultimate

Office 2010 Small Business

Product Design Suite 2013 Premium

jvj
Message 4 of 6
Ray_Feiler

Have you run Excel at least once sense the rebuild?

Product Design & Manufacturing Collection 2024
Sometimes you just need a good old reboot.
Message 5 of 6

Yes, I use Excel for all kinds of things. Jamie V. Johnson CAD Manager Description: TTS_FINAL-12 - For Signatures 175 Westwood Drive Southlake TX, 76092 Phone: 817-421-3535 Fax: 817-421-9292 email: jamie.johnson@railegineer.com
jvj
Message 6 of 6
blair

What file is it looking for, file name please

Inventor 2020, In-Cad, Simulation Mechanical

Just insert the picture rather than attaching it as a file
Did you find this reply helpful ? If so please use the Accept as Solution or Kudos button below.
Delta Tau Chi ΔΤΧ

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums