Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Inventor Studio - Unintended zoom out when pressing "Add Camera Action"

12 REPLIES 12
Message 1 of 13
aheiselberg
2031 Views, 12 Replies

Inventor Studio - Unintended zoom out when pressing "Add Camera Action"

Hi there

I am making an animation in Inventor Studio. I have created all my sequences for fading and constraint animations, and now I only need to move the camera around my assembly while zooming in and out with focus on the animations.

The way I have done it so far, is as following:

1. Created a camera (Camera1).
  2. Set my view where I wanted the camera to start.
  3. Rightclick on Camera1 and set camera to view.
  4. Then go in a few seconds on my timeline, move my view to a new area and finally "Add camera action".

I've done this a couple of times with success, but now I can't do it again.

As soon as I move my view to another area, and press "Add camera action", it does as intended, but now it zooms out, making the animated area small and hard to see. I want it to be zoomed in on a detailed area, but it's changing the view to the whole assembly.

I hope I've made myself understandable. If not, please tell me so and I will try to elaborate.

Best regards

Alexander

12 REPLIES 12
Message 2 of 13
JDMather
in reply to: aheiselberg

Post assembly here or at least a screen capture of the expanded action timeline.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Autodesk Inventor 2019 Certified Professional
Autodesk AutoCAD 2013 Certified Professional
Certified SolidWorks Professional

The CADWhisperer YouTube Channel

EESignature

Message 3 of 13
john.capille

I am also experiencing this issue.  I have contacted both my Autodesk reseller and Autodesk directly.  Did you send an example assembly to Autodesk?

John

Message 4 of 13
john.capille

Reseller created Autodesk case number 08213456.

Reseller suggested I delete the entire animation timeline, save the assembly as a different name, then rebuild the timeline and add camera action ques again.  I completed this but the zoom out problem remains.

Instead of zooming and positioning randomly I tried selecting a part within the assemlby and using the different views on the cube, i.e. iso.  This did not solve the problem either.

John

Message 5 of 13
john.capille

Continuing to work on this problem with both reseller and Autodesk direct.  Tried the following items with no favorable result:

1.  Changed from network drive to local
  2.  Loaded assembly under admin login
  3.  Deleted and recreated camera
  4.  Deleted and recreated animation timeline
  5.  Reverting graphics card river to Autodesk validated driver
  6.  Adjusted camera definition
  7.  Zoomed in past desired zoom level; result of zoom out is unpredictable
  8.  Created completely new assembly; same result

Thought to uninstall service packs (running SP2) but will upgrade to 2013 instead.

John

Message 6 of 13
JDMather
in reply to: john.capille

@john.capille wrote:

....result of zoom out is unpredictable

... Created completely new assembly; same result

John

Might be difficult to solve if unpredictable, but can you make a small dummy assembly that reproduces this behavior (or use the samples/tutorials examples) and attach here?

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Autodesk Inventor 2019 Certified Professional
Autodesk AutoCAD 2013 Certified Professional
Certified SolidWorks Professional

The CADWhisperer YouTube Channel

EESignature

Message 7 of 13
STRIKER-360

Hi all,

I'm experiencing exactly the same problem. After I make a few camera animations it then starts to zoom out when I try to make more using "add camera action".

Any solutions yet??

Thanks! 

Jonathan

Message 8 of 13
john.capille
in reply to: STRIKER-360

Hi Jonathan,

I will attempt to replicate the problem in a smaller assembly as was requested.  We have since upgraded to 2014 and have applied several service packs.

There were no further attempts at solving this since the deadline for the task of creating the animation for a customer presentation expired.  An animation was created but it was not a quality piece and was down-played during the presentation.

I can say that when I spoke to Autodesk support on the phone they said that this type of animation capability within Inventor was going to be phased out since Showcase is designed to be the fancy animation app.  In fact, no one I spoke to at Autodesk was even generally versed in the position representation method I was trying to use.  Their support of this legacy functionality was abysmal.

John

Message 9 of 13
Goed
in reply to: john.capille

Does anyone have a solution to this problem? We have 2014 installed but the problem is still there.

For me, the Inventor Studio is rather useless if the "add camera action" does not work.

Br

Message 10 of 13
drspringer

This worked today.

I created a camera from the view I wanted and went back to the camera pull down on the timeline to activate my original camera for that section since Inventor changes the camera when you create a new one. 

Then I went to the cameras in the browser window and double clicked my new camera and selected link to view. Then I set the view to that camera and it zoomed out as expected. I double clicked it again and used the slider bar to resize it to what I wanted and checked link to view again. This time it zoomed in so I clicked "Add camera action" and it worked.

I don't know why or if it will work again but I hope this helps. It has aggravated me for years and never seems to work the same way twice.

Message 11 of 13
Goed
in reply to: drspringer

Thank you for answer.

Unfortunatly it did not work for me. The problem begins when I push "add camera action" in the timeline box.

Then my object randomly zooms out. Mostly the problem occur when I  want a close-up.

Br,

Message 12 of 13
drspringer

Like I said, it seems different every time. Just when I think I have it fixed, it doesn't work the next time.

Message 13 of 13
WHolzwarth
in reply to: drspringer

Smiley Wink Kindly add me to the list of non-predictable camera moves.

Walter

Walter Holzwarth

EESignature

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums