Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Inventor Studio Rendering Crashing

1 REPLY 1
Message 1 of 2
mthomas
518 Views, 1 Reply

Inventor Studio Rendering Crashing

I have some larger models (10,000 - 14,000 components) that Inventor is crashing on when I am attempting to render using Inventor Studio. Its crashing in both 2012 SP2 and 2013

As these assemblies are quite large what we've done is built shrinkwrapped Level Of Details of all of the top-level subassemblies and this is what I am attempting to use for my rendering. This means that in these assemblies there are only 6-8 components actually loaded when I use the shrinkwrapped LOD

What happens is Inventor starts the rendering some time later (like hours later) Inventor has disappeared, no error message, and my rendering has not completed. In some instances the Inventor.exe is still running in the background and others it is gone.

I've tried to complete the rendering on 3 completely different systems and each time get the same results. Nothing fancy... white background, global lighting scheme

My system specs...

HP z600

WIndows 7 Pro SP1 64-bit

Intel Xeon E5620 @ 2.40GHz

12-GB RAM

nVidia Quadro 2000 (driver 275.89)

Any thoughts on what I can do to get the rendering done? THe main reason I need this is to generate a .png with a transparent background for our website.

Thanks

Mike Thomas

Tags (1)
1 REPLY 1
Message 2 of 2
dave.anderson
in reply to: mthomas

Mike,

I have requested files off-line so I can have look.

Dave Anderson
Sr. Support Engineer– CAM
Autodesk, Inc.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report