Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Inventor Studio - Rendering Animations - 30 seconds limit?

13 REPLIES 13
Message 1 of 14
SerkanCicek
5589 Views, 13 Replies

Inventor Studio - Rendering Animations - 30 seconds limit?

Hi,

I have prepared an animation which is 50 seconds long. Now, i just want to render that animation, but i couldn't.

The problem is that if i select "Entire Animation" option for the time range, and click the "Render" button, i obtain just an image rendered (1 frame) and if i try to write the time range manually by selecting the "Specified Time Range" option, i've realized that it is not allowed to specify a value greater than 30 secs. When i write "30.1" for instance, the forecolor of the input box turns red, and a message appears if i click the "Render" button, saying "Invalid Expression!"

"Help" says, "You can adjust any value in the input box.", however.

I've solved the problem by making two seperate animations and merging them by using an other video editing software, but i didn't satisfy the topic. Is there a limitation due to "something" or am i doing something wrong?

Thank you.
"Imagination is more important than the knowledge."
13 REPLIES 13
Message 2 of 14
dancook9893
in reply to: SerkanCicek

Make sure that your animation length is set appropriately. I dont have IV open right now so i cant send a screenshot, but in the animation timeline dialog box there should be a button in the top rigth that when pressed comes up with an option to set total animation length. If this is set to 30sec.. then it wont let you create animations past that time (which is why 30.1 was red).

I usually set this to a large number when creating animations, and before i go to animate just trim it down to where it needs to be to avoid having to continually extend that time.

hope this helps
Message 3 of 14
SerkanCicek

Thank you for your reply, but as i said before I have prepared an animation which is 50 seconds long. I mean i have already set the animation length to 50 secs. Nevertheless, it is not possible to render the entire animation.

I can render the animation for 0~10 secs or 0~30 secs, but i can not do it for 0~50 secs or 0~31 secs or even 30~50 secs.
Message 4 of 14
SerkanCicek

Hi again,

I have done it by using the "Video Producer". I am just learning the Studio now. 😉 Thank you.
Message 5 of 14
nelsonluis

Guys, I believe I am having the same problem. See, I dont know the reason... but recently I havent been able to make the rendering of my dynamic simulations. I make a video with the no render option and its ok... but when I try to render.... the simulation dont start so... there is a video of just one frame, or maybe two, the start and end of the simulation. If you happen to know whats going on I wish you could help me.
Message 6 of 14
mflayler2

First read here on Studio a little more: http://imaginit.rand.com/files/ML311-3%20LIG.pdf , and here http://imaginit.rand.com/files/Styling%20Inventor%20Studio.pdf
Second, I believe it has something to do with your Video Producer timeline. Are you recording using that one or the standard Inventor Studio one? I have seen before that if a Production is active then the standard studio bar will not render correctly.

Did you find this reply helpful ? If so please use the Accept as Solution or Kudos button below.

Mark Flayler - Engagement Engineer

IMAGINiT Manufacturing Solutions Blog: https://resources.imaginit.com/manufacturing-solutions-blog

Message 7 of 14
Zi_Yao

Hi, I can reproduce the same issue in Inventor Pro 2010.

I've tried the same method in Inventor Pro 2009, no problem, I can render as long as I wish.

Here's the procedure I've used for both 2009 and 2010.

1) In "Animation Options", set timeline to 100 secs
2) Click "Render Animation"
3) Set Time Range in Output to 30.1 (or anything greater than 30)

2009 no problem, 2010 displays (Invalid expression!)

It is a bug , please fix it.

Regards,
Zi
Message 8 of 14
mflayler2

It's probably not a bug Zi. Send me your dataset and I will take a look at it. I have made animations longer than 30 seconds in 2010 without problems.

Did you find this reply helpful ? If so please use the Accept as Solution or Kudos button below.

Mark Flayler - Engagement Engineer

IMAGINiT Manufacturing Solutions Blog: https://resources.imaginit.com/manufacturing-solutions-blog

Message 9 of 14
jaanos

Hi,

I have had the same problem; limited at 30secs. I fixed it by un-checking the 'production' in the browser bar (turning it off) as also suggested by Mark_Flayler.

Works sweet now!
Tags (2)
Message 10 of 14
drspringer

The production button fixed the problem. This is the first time I ever had this problem and I don't even know how the production button got checked. What is it even there for?

Thank you for the easiest solution ever.
Message 11 of 14
Bill_Bogan1

In the Help System, the following message appears on the Video Producer Quick Reference page:

Important: When rendering, productions have precedence over animations. To render an animation, and not a production, deactivate any active production. Right-click the production and select Activate to deactivate it.

It looks like it would be good to put it's counterpart message on the Rendering Animations page. I'll check into it.

Thanks,
-Bill

Bill Bogan | Technical Publications | Autodesk MFG Division

Bill Bogan
Principal Content Experience Designer
CXD
PDMS-DiD-Digital Manufacturing
Autodesk, Inc.
Message 12 of 14
sd.roa48

The active "Production" was the problem for me. Deactivate the production uncheking the option "Active" on the browser. Inmediately the render let you to use the active camera and render the entire production.

Message 13 of 14
rude317

using showcase will be better for rendering.

inventer animation can be imported to show case with constraints.

tq

Message 14 of 14
BrownCoat40
in reply to: jaanos

"Deactivating the production" in the browser bar (the model tree/animation element tree on the left hand side of the screen) fixed this same problem for me in Inventor 2015.... Odd how 5 years later, a model can still change itself, reproducing a bug (yes this is a bug) that presented 5+ years ago. (Literally, I haven't touched/changed/saved the model since it worked 4 days ago and I had this issue, with exactly the same resolution). I just wanted to let everyone know that this work-around is still valid.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report