Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Inventor Studio greyed out

26 REPLIES 26
SOLVED
Message 1 of 27
cplach
7841 Views, 26 Replies

Inventor Studio greyed out

I'm a teacher and recently had Inventor Professional 2013 installed on my laptop. 2 of my co-workers have the exact same model of HP Laptop, yet they don't have the same issue as me.

When I finish my assembly, I access the Tools bar to find my Inventor Studio is greyed out and can't click it. This is a huge pain as my laptop is the only one at my training session that is having this problem in a room full of 40 other teachers. After several uninstalls and reinstalls, I have the same problem with no solution in sight.

Someone please help as Autodesk support hasn't been able to shed any other light on fixing this issue.

26 REPLIES 26
Message 2 of 27
Curtis_Waguespack
in reply to: cplach

Hi cplach,

It sounds like you've done some trouble shooting with AD, but you didn't mention what you've done other than uninstall / reinstall, so forgive me if you've already checked this:

Go to the Tools tab > Add Ins button  and look for the Studio Add-in. If it's there is it loaded?

I hope this helps.
Best of luck to you in all of your Inventor pursuits,
Curtis
http://inventortrenches.blogspot.com

Message 3 of 27
cplach

Please see the attached screen shot. I have looked in the Add-Ins, it says Inventor Studio is Loaded and supposed to be automatically.

Message 4 of 27
DarrenP

does this happen with every file?

DarrenP
Did you find this post helpful? Feel free to Like this post.
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.

EESignature

Message 5 of 27
cplach
in reply to: DarrenP

Yes. No matter what file I open, it remains unavailable.

I've tried to create new assemblies but I still come across the same problem.

After disabling and re-enabling through the Add-Ins, I can click Inventor Studio now but all of the children options are greyed out.

Message 6 of 27
cplach

Tried to reinstall it again and it's still giving me the same problem.

Would this have anything to do with activating the product?

Message 7 of 27
JDMather

@cplach wrote:

Would this have anything to do with activating the product?

No.

Did you follow the Autodesk Clean Uninstall document (search Google)?

Did you install with anti-virus and UAC turned off (important)?

Before you go through that again -

I noticed that you are showing from the Tools tab.

Instead of that go to Enviroments tab and select Studio
(once I do that I show an active Render tab and the button Studio button on the Tools tab is grayed out like yours).

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Autodesk Inventor 2019 Certified Professional
Autodesk AutoCAD 2013 Certified Professional
Certified SolidWorks Professional

The CADWhisperer YouTube Channel

EESignature

Message 8 of 27
cplach

Doing a clean uninstall now. I'll report back in an hour or so with an update.

It doesn't really matter if you go through tools or environments to access Inventor Studio. It's executing the same command.

Message 9 of 27
cplach

no such luck.

Message 10 of 27
Curtis_Waguespack

Hi cplach,

I'm not sure if this will work with Inventor 2013, but maybe it's worth a try:

http://usa.autodesk.com/adsk/servlet/ps/dl/item?siteID=123112&id=13404176&linkID=9242018

Another thing to look at would be user profiles. Can you log in under / or create a different user profile (as the admin possibly) and start Inventor to see if the issue persists? It seems that I recall issues of a similar type being resolved by recreating a user profile (maybe?)

I hope this helps.
Curtis

Message 11 of 27
cplach
in reply to: Curtis_Waguespack

Curtis, I appreciate your persistence in helping me out. That link you've posted was my first hope but it doesn't work with the 2013 version.

My profile has admin privileges and no other profiles on my laptop. As stated before, I'm with two other teachers from my school who have the exact same model of laptop as I do with exactly the same specs but do not have this same issue.

It's very frustrating as I'm now behind in my class because I've spent more time uninstalling and reinstalling Inventor or hunting down fixes for it.

Many thanks to those who have made suggestions, Does anyone from Autodesk know what would cause it to not be accessible? 

Message 12 of 27
Curtis_Waguespack

Hi cplach,

Unfortunately, I know where you're coming from with fighting hardware issues while trying to learn software.

I think I would try creating another profile that also has full admin rights, just to rule out that your current profile isn't corrupt or something.

After that, maybe start another thread on the installation forum:

http://forums.autodesk.com/t5/Installation-Licensing/bd-p/24

be sure to link to this thread so others can see what you've already tried, etc., and maybe link this thread to that one in case someone has the same issue in the future.

I hope this helps.
Curtis

Message 13 of 27
rthomas

I had this problem with IV2012 Pro and now 2013 Pro. What I have noticed is that machines at my college which when opening a new assy that have 2x mold tabs are affected by the greyed out tools an cant access CC or Vault. The machines that dont have these 2 tabs are fine. The same machine with different users can work or not work and a user can change machine and go from working to not working or vice versa.

If anyone has any ideas I would love ot know.

Message 14 of 27
JDMather
in reply to: rthomas

@Rthomas wrote:

.... cant access CC or Vault.  

If anyone has any ideas I would love ot know.

Sounds to me like a different problem than the OP's.
I would have started a new thread for this problem.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Autodesk Inventor 2019 Certified Professional
Autodesk AutoCAD 2013 Certified Professional
Certified SolidWorks Professional

The CADWhisperer YouTube Channel

EESignature

Message 15 of 27
ChristinaForest

i have the same problem, but for me one day work and another day dont work and in the same assembly???

Message 16 of 27
nick.tait
in reply to: ChristinaForest

We have a new install and have the same problem.

Network/Server License

Students - some get access to IV some don't, some see a greyed out AddiNS, some don't

Staff - saw the Inventor Studio this morning but now don't see it !

Message 17 of 27
dy938811

I am posting in an old thread because this describes my problem exactly, with the associated screenshots showing a greyed out Inventor Studio.  The Studeio is loaded according to the "add-ins" menu, but I still cannot access the Studio in Inventor.

After a clean install I saw that Studio was not loaded according to the "add-ins" menu so I loaded it, and restarted Inventor.  After opening an assembly I was able to select Studio from the "Environment" menu but once selected and and after the ribbon loads, all options are greyed out.

I restarted Inventor and now I cannot even select Studio from the the "Environment" menu as it is now greyed out.

Any ideas anyone?  I see there was no solution posted in this thread, but I hope somebody has a suggestion.

Thanks in advance for taking the time to read this.

D

Message 18 of 27
alex

Hi All,

I came across the exact same problem. What solved it for me was making sure that the assembly was being displayed in full. In the Environment tab there should be an option to display the assembly in full, and once that's done (can take a while for large assemblies) the greyed out icons should reappear.

Good luck!

Message 19 of 27
PCross99
in reply to: dy938811

Is there a solution to this problem yet?
I was able to get the "Inventor Studio" icon to work but when I start it, every option is greyed out.  I have tryed unsing "Inventor Studio" on old objects and with a cube I just created to test with.

Message 20 of 27
BrandonBG
in reply to: PCross99

Same problem here today. Not sure why Inventor Studio worked fine for months, and then mysteriously does not.

Could there be a conflict with Showcase or another add-in?

Brandon

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report