Inventor General Discussion

Inventor General Discussion

cplach
Message 11 of 25 (947 Views)

Re: Inventor Studio greyed out

06-19-2012 01:53 PM in reply to: Curtis_Waguespack

Curtis, I appreciate your persistence in helping me out. That link you've posted was my first hope but it doesn't work with the 2013 version.

My profile has admin privileges and no other profiles on my laptop. As stated before, I'm with two other teachers from my school who have the exact same model of laptop as I do with exactly the same specs but do not have this same issue.

It's very frustrating as I'm now behind in my class because I've spent more time uninstalling and reinstalling Inventor or hunting down fixes for it.

Many thanks to those who have made suggestions, Does anyone from Autodesk know what would cause it to not be accessible? 

*Expert Elite*
Curtis_Waguespack
Message 12 of 25 (943 Views)

06-19-2012 02:02 PM in reply to: cplach

Hi cplach,

Unfortunately, I know where you're coming from with fighting hardware issues while trying to learn software.

I think I would try creating another profile that also has full admin rights, just to rule out that your current profile isn't corrupt or something.

After that, maybe start another thread on the installation forum:

http://forums.autodesk.com/t5/Installation-Licensing/bd-p/24

be sure to link to this thread so others can see what you've already tried, etc., and maybe link this thread to that one in case someone has the same issue in the future.

I hope this helps.
Best of luck to you in all of your Inventor pursuits,
Curtis
http://inventortrenches.blogspot.com

solution.png  Did you find this reply helpful ? If so please use the Accept as Solution or  Kudos button below.

rthomas
Message 13 of 25 (892 Views)

10-23-2012 06:03 AM in reply to: cplach

I had this problem with IV2012 Pro and now 2013 Pro. What I have noticed is that machines at my college which when opening a new assy that have 2x mold tabs are affected by the greyed out tools an cant access CC or Vault. The machines that dont have these 2 tabs are fine. The same machine with different users can work or not work and a user can change machine and go from working to not working or vice versa.

If anyone has any ideas I would love ot know.

*Expert Elite*
JDMather
Message 14 of 25 (887 Views)

10-23-2012 07:07 AM in reply to: rthomas

rthomas wrote:

.... cant access CC or Vault.  

If anyone has any ideas I would love ot know.

Sounds to me like a different problem than the OP's.
I would have started a new thread for this problem.

Please mark this response as "Accept as Solution" if it answers your question.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Autodesk Inventor 2014 Certified Professional
Autodesk AutoCAD 2013 Certified Professional
Certified SolidWorks Professional
Inventor Professional 2015-SP1 64-bit
http://www.autodesk.com/edcommunity
http://home.pct.edu/~jmather/content/DSG322/inventor_surface_tutorials.htm
Distinguished Contributor
sergelachance
Message 15 of 25 (769 Views)

03-18-2013 03:13 AM in reply to: cplach

i have the same problem, but for me one day work and another day dont work and in the same assembly???

nick.tait
Message 16 of 25 (746 Views)

04-17-2013 07:22 AM in reply to: sergelachance

We have a new install and have the same problem.

Network/Server License

Students - some get access to IV some don't, some see a greyed out AddiNS, some don't

Staff - saw the Inventor Studio this morning but now don't see it !

Contributor
dy938811
Message 17 of 25 (656 Views)

08-11-2013 11:05 AM in reply to: cplach

I am posting in an old thread because this describes my problem exactly, with the associated screenshots showing a greyed out Inventor Studio.  The Studeio is loaded according to the "add-ins" menu, but I still cannot access the Studio in Inventor.

After a clean install I saw that Studio was not loaded according to the "add-ins" menu so I loaded it, and restarted Inventor.  After opening an assembly I was able to select Studio from the "Environment" menu but once selected and and after the ribbon loads, all options are greyed out.

I restarted Inventor and now I cannot even select Studio from the the "Environment" menu as it is now greyed out.

Any ideas anyone?  I see there was no solution posted in this thread, but I hope somebody has a suggestion.

Thanks in advance for taking the time to read this.

D

alex
Message 18 of 25 (577 Views)

10-21-2013 03:50 AM in reply to: cplach

Hi All,

I came across the exact same problem. What solved it for me was making sure that the assembly was being displayed in full. In the Environment tab there should be an option to display the assembly in full, and once that's done (can take a while for large assemblies) the greyed out icons should reappear.

Good luck!

PCross99
Message 19 of 25 (533 Views)

11-04-2013 08:19 AM in reply to: dy938811
Is there a solution to this problem yet?
I was able to get the "Inventor Studio" icon to work but when I start it, every option is greyed out.  I have tryed unsing "Inventor Studio" on old objects and with a cube I just created to test with.

Active Contributor
BrandonBG
Message 20 of 25 (445 Views)

12-05-2013 11:40 AM in reply to: PCross99

Same problem here today. Not sure why Inventor Studio worked fine for months, and then mysteriously does not.

Could there be a conflict with Showcase or another add-in?

Brandon

Post to the Community

Have questions about Autodesk products? Ask the community.

New Post
Announcements
Are You Going To Be @ AU 2014? Feel free to drop by our AU topic post and share your plans, plug a class that you're teaching, or simply check out who else from the community might be in attendance. Ohh and don't forgot to stop by the Autodesk Help | Learn | Collaborate booths in the Exhibit Hall and meet our community team if you get a chance!