Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

INVENTOR STUDIO - ANIMATE PARAMETERS WITH PARAMETERS - PARAMETERS DOESN'T SYNC

3 REPLIES 3
Message 1 of 4
Tompa1414
426 Views, 3 Replies

INVENTOR STUDIO - ANIMATE PARAMETERS WITH PARAMETERS - PARAMETERS DOESN'T SYNC

Hi 

I have a question about animation in Inventor Studio (2014).

I have set up an animated parameter that drives a point along a path from point A to point B.

I have set the end-time for this process to 10 seconds. And it works great, the point goes from A to B in 10 seconds.

But now I want to be able to drive the end-time for this process with an parameter called "End_Time_Duration".

So I created that parameter in the assembly, set the value for this parameter to 19 seconds and went back to the Studio.

I wrote the name of the parameter in the end-time box (se below picture) and press OK.

The end-time changed to 19 seconds BUT it isn't synced with the parameter "End_Time_Duration". When I go back to the assembly and change the value to 15 seconds and return to the Studio, the end-time still show 19 seconds (as the second image below).

If I once again write the name of the parameter in the box (showing 19) and press OK the end-time generates to 15 seconds.

I want the end-time parameter to always follow the given parameter. It's useless if I everytime has to manually input the name of the parameter just to update the animation.

Hope someone understand and could help me find a solution for this problem.

Thanks

// Tommy

image1.PNG

image2.PNG

3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4

Hello,

I know this is an old post, but I still get this issue with Inventor 2018. I don't get why this isn't supported by Inventor whereas it works completely fine with distances. Only durations based on parameters don't sync.

Is there a way to get it working ?

Thanks,

Arthur

Message 3 of 4

Hi Arthur,

This one is like a limitation or a bug. Indeed, all numerical inputs should accept parameter expression and they should update when the parameter values are changed. You have found an input field not following the rule.

Let me work with the project team to see if this is something we can fix easily.

Many thanks!

Johnson Shiue (johnson.shiue@autodesk.com)
Software Test Engineer
Message 4 of 4

Nice, hope you'll get this fixed 🙂

Do you know if there is any workaround I could use for now, like having an iLogic rule update this field maybe?

Thank you,

Arthur

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report