Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Inventor Studio Animate Constraints Issue

3 REPLIES 3
SOLVED
Message 1 of 4
westc
1651 Views, 3 Replies

Inventor Studio Animate Constraints Issue

I've been attempting to animate the attached assembly, but I've been running into issues with getting the wheels to essentially rotate 20 degrees left and 20 degrees right (basically the physical limitations of the real RC car's stearing. I had it working last night (with a couple different constraint options), but Inventor 2013 crashed before I saved the file. I can get the wheels to spin just fine; it's the rotation of the wheels/axle attachment (shown in red in Inventor) that I can't get to function correctly. Any help that could be given with this would be great!

The assembly files are attached below. Sorry, it wouldn't let me attach the zip folder, since it was too large apparently.

3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
rdyson
in reply to: westc

See if this helps.

PDSU 2016
Message 3 of 4
westc
in reply to: rdyson

Thanks so much! I actually had it working yesterday with mate and angle constraints (not sure how I magaged that), but it crashed. Was the issue the insert constraints that you added? I figured I was making things more complicated than needed.

Message 4 of 4
rdyson
in reply to: westc

< Was the issue the insert constraints>

No, I just deleted your constraints and re-constrained so I understood the assembly.

After looking again I see that your angle 6 has limits set. Uncheck the limits and the animation works as expected.

PDSU 2016

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report