Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Inventor Student Version

3 REPLIES 3
SOLVED
Message 1 of 4
shearer.lewis
1474 Views, 3 Replies

Inventor Student Version

I have done some work in the free student version of Autodesk Inventor 2012.  When you try to print anything off there is a watermark on the page.

I need versions of my work that don't contain the watermark. If I were to purchase Inventor LT Suite, is there a way to successfully transfer my work from my free version to the bought software without the watermark? Or would I have to re-make the 3D models in Inventor LT from scratch?

3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
mflayler2
in reply to: shearer.lewis

You have to remake it.

Also, make sure you understand Inventor LT does not do assemblies.

I believe Autodesk is still running a student to commercial license change promotion for a deep discount, but you would have to check with who you are working with as a reseller to be sure about the current promotions.

Did you find this reply helpful ? If so please use the Accept as Solution or Kudos button below.

Mark Flayler - Engagement Engineer

IMAGINiT Manufacturing Solutions Blog: https://resources.imaginit.com/manufacturing-solutions-blog

Message 3 of 4
shearer.lewis
in reply to: mflayler2

If I simply get a new licence will I still have to remake the models or will they be transferred successfully?

Message 4 of 4
JDMather
in reply to: shearer.lewis

Any work done on student license must be re-done on commercial license.
Even if there is a way to rid the watermark without re-doing, such an effort is a violation of the EULA you agreed to.

You will find that what you did while learning was garbage compared to the re-done work anyhow.
We get better with experience.

If you get commercial license (but not LT) you do not need to uninstall the student version - simply go to Help>About Inventor>Product Information and click Change Serial Number and follow the on-screen instructions.  The student version has same functionality as commercial version - only the terms of the license are different.

But you will still have to recreate the work.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Autodesk Inventor 2019 Certified Professional
Autodesk AutoCAD 2013 Certified Professional
Certified SolidWorks Professional

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report