Inventor General Discussion

Inventor General Discussion

Active Contributor
weiloon
Message 1 of 3 (216 Views)

Inventor Sping creation Issue

216 Views, 2 Replies
01-20-2013 07:24 PM

Its about the extension spring created by Inventor.

No matter using the spring feature in design accerelator or coil feature, i am unable to create the spring wire of the coil touching each other, that means no gap in between. ( refer to the attachment)

In actual, the turn of the spring is touching each other. 
In Inventor case, I cannot prepare technical drawing basing on the solid I created in Inventor, it will be longer than actual and the pretension of the spring is gone if there is a gap between the turns.  It means, if spring were produced base on Inventor’s drawing, the  tension will be very very low then actually intended for. 

Can you have a look and let me know how to overcome this problem  

At present,If I use MDT to create the spring and generates tech dwg. The MDT allow the turns to touch each other (that means no gap).

*Expert Elite*
blair
Message 2 of 3 (138 Views)

Re: Inventor Spring creation Issue

01-21-2013 11:24 PM in reply to: weiloon

You should be able to create a coil with a very small gap 0.000001 or smaller between the coil surfaces. The problem is with self-intersecting sweeps (coil) and surface contact. This small amount should still allow for the coil/sweep while being small enough not to affect your main dimensions.

This used to be a problem before the "Split-Surface" command, where we had to create a slightly different surface size to only apply a finish such as a Knurl to a specific area/region.

Did you find this reply helpful ? If so please use the Accept as Solution or Kudos button below.

IV2015 SP1 PDSU / Sim Mech 2015 r1 /
Win7-64
EVGA X79 - Classified, iCore7 3930k 32Gb Quad-Channel
950Gb (2 x 500Gb Sata III SSD RAID0 Adaptec 6805E Controller)
Nvidia GTX-690 Classified - 344.75
SpacePilot Pro 10.2.0 / 17.2.0.11011 / 4.17
Delta Tau Chi ΔΤΧ
Active Contributor
weiloon
Message 3 of 3 (117 Views)

Re: Inventor Spring creation Issue

01-22-2013 05:43 PM in reply to: blair

Thanks for your reply.

:smileylol:

Post to the Community

Have questions about Autodesk products? Ask the community.

New Post
Announcements
Do you have 60 seconds to spare? The Autodesk Community Team is revamping our site ranking system and we want your feedback! Please click here to launch the 5 question survey. As always your input is greatly appreciated.