Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Inventor Sping creation Issue

2 REPLIES 2
Message 1 of 3
weiloon
400 Views, 2 Replies

Inventor Sping creation Issue

Its about the extension spring created by Inventor.

No matter using the spring feature in design accerelator or coil feature, i am unable to create the spring wire of the coil touching each other, that means no gap in between. ( refer to the attachment)

In actual, the turn of the spring is touching each other. 
In Inventor case, I cannot prepare technical drawing basing on the solid I created in Inventor, it will be longer than actual and the pretension of the spring is gone if there is a gap between the turns.  It means, if spring were produced base on Inventor’s drawing, the  tension will be very very low then actually intended for. 

Can you have a look and let me know how to overcome this problem  

At present,If I use MDT to create the spring and generates tech dwg. The MDT allow the turns to touch each other (that means no gap).

2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
blair
in reply to: weiloon

You should be able to create a coil with a very small gap 0.000001 or smaller between the coil surfaces. The problem is with self-intersecting sweeps (coil) and surface contact. This small amount should still allow for the coil/sweep while being small enough not to affect your main dimensions.

This used to be a problem before the "Split-Surface" command, where we had to create a slightly different surface size to only apply a finish such as a Knurl to a specific area/region.

Inventor 2020, In-Cad, Simulation Mechanical

Just insert the picture rather than attaching it as a file
Did you find this reply helpful ? If so please use the Accept as Solution or Kudos button below.
Delta Tau Chi ΔΤΧ

Message 3 of 3
weiloon
in reply to: blair

Thanks for your reply.

Smiley LOL

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report