Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Inventor Simulation Results

2 REPLIES 2
Message 1 of 3
Anonymous
220 Views, 2 Replies

Inventor Simulation Results

Good Morings all

I have an LHD load frame that I am busy designing and I did an initial FEA on it. But I got 2 warnings with the results. One for seperated into 2 independant bodies and the soft spring one because of it. Now my question is, will the stress results be influenced by these 2 warnings liek making the stresses less than what they actually should be for an assembly that doesn't seperate. The displacement results are not that bad, maybe a 2mm deflection at worst.

Best Regards

Sebastian

2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
JDMather
in reply to: Anonymous

What would happen in the real world?

Would there be slight relative motion with the constraints and contacts that you have defined?

What book are you using to learn Inventor FEA?

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Autodesk Inventor 2019 Certified Professional
Autodesk AutoCAD 2013 Certified Professional
Certified SolidWorks Professional

Message 3 of 3
Anonymous
in reply to: Anonymous

Well, it is an all welded fabrication. No loose parts or parts than can rotate. Everything is welded. All my contacts are bonded, which I believe is the right contact for a weldment, but I might be wrong.

But just after I posted the question, I set my contact tolerance to 2mm. It was 0.1mm. 2mm is the largest gap between 2 components to allow for a full penetrative weld. Then I didn't get any warnings after the simulation was run.

On which book I use, non. Self taught. I worked on Solidworks for 6 years previously and did many FEA studies with it. And Inventor is fairly straight forward to use.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report