Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Inventor Simplify .. Distances/Model changes from Inches to CM

9 REPLIES 9
SOLVED
Message 1 of 10
mdavis22569
460 Views, 9 Replies

Inventor Simplify .. Distances/Model changes from Inches to CM

Curious if anyone else has had this issue. I'm UTD on all my patches/packs. I took an assembly and saved it as an IPT Simplify part. Using the Standard template.. did some measuring to make sure everything was ok and it was all in CM's. (Correct though) I then took the same assembly and saved it again ..but this time in the Sheet Metal default template just to see what would happen and it stayed in inches .....

Did you find this reply helpful ? If so please use the Accept as Solution or Kudos button below.

---------
Mike Davis

EESignature

9 REPLIES 9
Message 2 of 10
mcgyvr
in reply to: mdavis22569

If you open your standard tempate and go to.. tools..document settings..units ..  what is the document units?

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Inventor 2023 - Dell Precision 5570

Did you find this reply helpful ? If so please use the Accept Solution button below.
Maybe buy me a beer through Venmo @mcgyvr1269
Message 3 of 10
mdavis22569
in reply to: mcgyvr

it's set to Inches .. but changes once it makes and saves the file to CM ... Not sure if it's a bug ... or what. However I don't have to worry about changing the units ..or worry about the other guys here changing the units if they just use the sheetmetal as a work around for now. We have a new EM ..and everything has to be perfect or he complains that SW does this ..SW does that ... I just wanted to see if anyone else had this unit change without them actually being the one to change it..

Did you find this reply helpful ? If so please use the Accept as Solution or Kudos button below.

---------
Mike Davis

EESignature

Message 4 of 10
mcgyvr

I have verified that when using standard.ipt with simplify it changes document units to CM and when using sheetmetal.ipt the document units stay in inches..

You found a BUG!!! Squish it 😉

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Did you find this reply helpful ? If so please use the Accept Solution button below.
Message 5 of 10
mdavis22569

lol ..... thank you for confirming too ...now I can say it's not just me or any of the machines here. I'm sure I'll be asked for a data set next from them Now to get someone to report it too .. I put it on the Lab forum for Simplify too....

---------
Mike Davis

EESignature

Message 6 of 10
mcgyvr

It has been reported.. 

For your future reference..

I use this form.. and Steve Dennis or one of the other guys watch those all the time..

http://usa.autodesk.com/adsk/servlet/index?siteID=123112&id=1109794

Message 7 of 10
SteveMDennis

OK whoa. There really is no need to double report these things. We have multiple developers and QA watching the newsgroups. The feedback email form that is above is used by people who don't know about the newsgroup or don't access them. If you report it in both places you're going to mess us up! :-) As Mgyvr has done in the past, if you don't feel like anyone has replied to your NG post you can kick us via the feedback form but I can't wade through many more feedback emails than I do now, especially for duplicates. Use diligently please!

Steve Dennis
Sr. Principal Engineer
Inventor
Autodesk, Inc.

Message 8 of 10
mdavis22569
in reply to: SteveMDennis

I didn't see his post when I was on the Simplify forum ...sorry ...

---------
Mike Davis

EESignature

Message 9 of 10

Hi,

I have quite a large assembly i want to simplify, but when i come to do this it doesn't show any templates available in the template box. i've tried creating them but the still don't show in the box. does anyone one know how i do this?

Thanks.

Message 10 of 10
JDMather
in reply to: JordanCrabtree

I would have started a new thread for this problem description as it doens't seem to be anything like the problem description in the original post.

Do you have your templates in the standard location?

Are you using projects with templates path pointing to a location other than the default location?

Have you installed the Service Pack and Updates?

Click on the white page (Browse Templates) and post screen shot of the resulting screen here.

Browse Templates.PNG

Open Template.PNG

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Autodesk Inventor 2019 Certified Professional
Autodesk AutoCAD 2013 Certified Professional
Certified SolidWorks Professional

The CADWhisperer YouTube Channel

EESignature

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report