Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Inventor routing and tooling problems

7 REPLIES 7
Message 1 of 8
oisinbarrett
597 Views, 7 Replies

Inventor routing and tooling problems

I am doing a thesis on inventor Professional and the possibilties of using this programme with CNC machining. I have found certain add on packages to inventor that allow you to apply routing and tooling. I have access to inventor student 2014 and to inventor 2014 with an educational licence. I have tried to download and install these add ons to the student version but an error keeps arrising. I have access to the educational version too but I cannot use this licence unless I have gotten feedback that these add ons will work with this version as it is through the college I have access to it.

If someone could get back to me with some insight towards this post ASAP it would be much appreciated.

7 REPLIES 7
Message 2 of 8
JDMather
in reply to: oisinbarrett

@oisinbarrett wrote:
 I have found certain add on packages to inventor that allow you to apply routing and tooling.

What are the urls to these add-on packages?

As you move forward on your Thesis you will want to be very very careful about providing complete and precise information when forming questions.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Autodesk Inventor 2019 Certified Professional
Autodesk AutoCAD 2013 Certified Professional
Certified SolidWorks Professional

The CADWhisperer YouTube Channel

EESignature

Message 3 of 8
mcgyvr
in reply to: JDMather

voila.. you are just in time.. This was publically released this week. 100% Autodesk supported

http://cam.autodesk.com/

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Inventor 2023 - Dell Precision 5570

Did you find this reply helpful ? If so please use the Accept Solution button below.
Maybe buy me a beer through Venmo @mcgyvr1269
Message 4 of 8
oisinbarrett

Thank you for your help. I have read through the information and it specifies inventor 2014, will this also work on the student or educational licence 2014 do you know?

Message 5 of 8
oisinbarrett
in reply to: JDMather
Message 6 of 8
JDMather

@oisinbarrett wrote:
... will this also work on the student or educational licence 2014 do you know?

There is no difference in functionality of the student or educational license.  The software is identical - only the license terms of use are different.  (not for profit - learning use)

I'll address the other problems in a few minutes.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

EESignature

Message 7 of 8
JDMather

This is not an add-in, it is a repair for existing functionality in Inventor (Professional - which you have) (old release).

http://usa.autodesk.com/adsk/servlet/ps/dl/item?siteID=123112&id=13855132&linkID=9242019

You do not need or want that.

To start Inventor Tooling go to your Templates and start a new Mold Design.iam file.

There are several tutorials (you will be prompted to run the tutorials.

Mold tools.PNG

Routed Systems in Inventor is piping/tubine and electrical wiring cable.

Go to Environments tab

Routed Systems.PNG

So these are both areas of functionality that you already have in your student install of Inventor.

Neither of these are directly related to CNC machining (although tooling environment is used to create core/cavity mold designs).

It sounds like you need to investigate the CAM link suggested earlier.

EESignature

Message 8 of 8
mcgyvr

@oisinbarrett wrote:

these are the urls i found. thank you for your advice.

http://usa.autodesk.com/adsk/servlet/ps/dl/item?siteID=123112&id=13855132&linkID=9242019

http://usa.autodesk.com/adsk/servlet/ps/dl/item?siteID=123112&id=13713884&linkID=9242019

that is for Inventor 2010 and "tooling" in the Autodesk world is for injection molding design.. Not CNC fabrication which is what I assume you are talkinga bout.

Its a horrible name choice by Autodesk IMO.. 

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Inventor 2023 - Dell Precision 5570

Did you find this reply helpful ? If so please use the Accept Solution button below.
Maybe buy me a beer through Venmo @mcgyvr1269

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report