Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Inventor Rendering using Autodesk 360

8 REPLIES 8
Message 1 of 9
micah.milliman
2171 Views, 8 Replies

Inventor Rendering using Autodesk 360

I am a subscription user on Factory Design Suite and am hoping to use Autodesk 360's online rendering capabilities so that I am not tying up my desktop for hours while it is producing an image.  While on rendering.360.autodesk.com, I only saw options to load AutoCAD dwg's or Revit files.  Is there no way to produce a rendering using 360 of an Inventor file or am I missing something?  Any help would be appreciated.

8 REPLIES 8
Message 2 of 9
mflayler2
in reply to: micah.milliman

You have to do it with 3Ds Max Design or with Showcase (there is an option to render in cloud and local).

Did you find this reply helpful ? If so please use the Accept as Solution or Kudos button below.

Mark Flayler - Engagement Engineer

IMAGINiT Manufacturing Solutions Blog: https://resources.imaginit.com/manufacturing-solutions-blog

Message 3 of 9
neilg
in reply to: mflayler2

Where exactly do you go in 3dsMax to render using 360 cloud?  Far as I know you can only render Revit and Autocad files in the cloud. 

Message 4 of 9
DarrenP
in reply to: neilg

he is saying use 3ds max to make the rendering there is no cloud option in 3ds max

DarrenP
Did you find this post helpful? Feel free to Like this post.
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.

EESignature

Message 5 of 9
mflayler2

Yea, I should clarify, in Showcase you can publish your movie directly to the cloud, but it doesn't render it.

With 3Ds Max you can do some high end rendering on a render farm of computers but it needs to be put into Max and then adjusted for lighting and cameras.

For Inventor animations you are pretty stuck if you are using Inventor Studio.  You might want to check out FactoryModz on the labs website though if you are looking for animation of product.

Did you find this reply helpful ? If so please use the Accept as Solution or Kudos button below.

Mark Flayler - Engagement Engineer

IMAGINiT Manufacturing Solutions Blog: https://resources.imaginit.com/manufacturing-solutions-blog

Message 6 of 9
billyb

The Factory.Modz animation tools are only for Inventor Factory and don't really provide tools useful in Inventor itself - as far as I can tell. So, the statement, Inventor Studio, 3ds max, or Showcase is accurate. Those are your render choices. Each having pros/cons.

-Bill Bogan

just one man's opinion...

Bill Bogan
- Providing freelance visualization
- Inventor: Expert
- Revit: Novice and growing...
Message 7 of 9
tanghong77

Factory Modz. can work on Inventor 2013 and FDS 2013, but yes, it only animate the specific assets which Factory product is providing such as the Robot, Generator, Line sensor, forklift etc.

Message 8 of 9

So when will 360 cloud rendering be available to Inventor users?

I do not want to waste my time trying to use multiple programs, which tie up vast amounts of time and resources, to render the Inventor images I need when it would seem Autodesk has the capability........

Inventor Professional 2020
HP Z440, Xeon E5-1650 @ 3.6GHz
32GB Ram
GTX 1080
Windows 10
Message 9 of 9
dgorsman
in reply to: jeffsteiger6735

Unless it has been specifically published, you'll know when the rest of us do.

Keep in mind that Revit and AutoCAD are significantly different data formats from Inventor so its not as simple as ticking a "Read Inventor files" box in a dialog.  There may be significant work involved and it would have to be justifiable.  A handful of users won't generate the income needed to offset the development and maintenance needed.

If you don't want to waste your time (really, it isn't a waste; I find rendering and animation rather enjoyable), there is always the option of contracting out the work to others.  It will be higher quality and probably in less time without the frustration and hardware requirements.

----------------------------------
If you are going to fly by the seat of your pants, expect friction burns.
"I don't know" is the beginning of knowledge, not the end.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report