Inventor General Discussion

Inventor General Discussion

Distinguished Contributor
dfishburn
Message 1 of 5 (31 Views)

inventor reference

31 Views, 4 Replies
11-15-2002 01:25 AM
Can anyone recommend a good reference book for Inventor? I have several books that are tutorials, but if I have trouble with a step there is no further information. The help menu often says something that does not correlate with what happens in the program; i.e. "Do A and B will occur." When I do A, C occurs (or nothing happens).
jiml
Message 2 of 5 (31 Views)

Re: inventor reference

11-15-2002 03:31 AM in reply to: dfishburn
This place is the best book out. what may we help you with
dfishburn
Message 3 of 5 (31 Views)

Re:

11-18-2002 01:51 AM in reply to: dfishburn
I am just now learning (r4) and need simple things that aren't covered adequately in the help menu. Example: The help pages refers to the Create View button, Drawing Manager Toolbar, and Custom View button. I can't find any of these and they do not show up in the help index. I have already found a dozen examples like this.
*Dotson, Sean
Message 4 of 5 (31 Views)

Re:

11-18-2002 02:18 AM in reply to: dfishburn
Hover over each button and it will provide a tool
tip giving the button name.  I also believe that in the help they list each
icon and give it's name..

--
Sean Dotson, PE

href="http://www.sdotson.com">http://www.sdotson.com

...sleep is for the
weak..
-----------------------------------------

style="PADDING-RIGHT: 0px; PADDING-LEFT: 5px; MARGIN-LEFT: 5px; BORDER-LEFT: #000000 2px solid; MARGIN-RIGHT: 0px">
I
am just now learning (r4) and need simple things that aren't covered
adequately in the help menu. Example: The help pages refers to the Create View
button, Drawing Manager Toolbar, and Custom View button. I can't find any of
these and they do not show up in the help index. I have already found a dozen
examples like this.
dfishburn
Message 5 of 5 (31 Views)

Re:

11-18-2002 02:50 AM in reply to: dfishburn
There are pictures of these mystery buttons in the help pages, but I can't find them on any of the toolbars. I have also done as you suggest and waited for the tooltip to be sure that the help didn't have the wrong picture. No luck. That is why I am hoping to find a good reference manual for Inventor (even if it is for a later version it would probably help). I always have a couple of reference books at hand for AutoCAD.
Announcements
Are you familiar with the Autodesk Expert Elites? The Expert Elite program is made up of customers that help other customers by sharing knowledge and exemplifying an engaging style of collaboration. To learn more, please visit our Expert Elite website.
Need installation help?

Start with some of our most frequented solutions or visit the Installation and Licensing Forum to get help installing your software.