Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Inventor reaches virtual memory capicity and crashes.

4 REPLIES 4
Message 1 of 5
Anonymous
1029 Views, 4 Replies

Inventor reaches virtual memory capicity and crashes.

I am running Inventor 2015 on a VM Fusion virtual machine using windows 8. I have given the system 3 gigs of virtual memory and aprox. 1 gig of ram. When trying to open a step file which was exported from Key Creator 2005 the program loads each detail individualy overwhelming the systems virtual memory and crashing inventor. I am able to open the file without problem using AutoCAD is thier a way I can open the file on Inventor without crashing the system?

4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
DarrenP
in reply to: Anonymous

1 gig of ram for inventor is not enough

DarrenP
Did you find this post helpful? Feel free to Like this post.
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.

EESignature

Message 3 of 5
jalger
in reply to: Anonymous

Hi Zombiepickles,

You need about 10gb of free Memory for background operations and Calcs, I would say the issue is not enough temp space.

If you were just modelling the 3GB would be fine, but any rendering, Stress tests, or Visual Tests would kill the system.

(its probably running really slow since the temp files are not purging quick enough)

That and 1gb of ram won't cover the operating System...

Set it to the minimum Requirements:

(Look at the Mac Virtualization)

Intel® Core 2 Duo or greater, 3.0 GHz or greater

Microsoft® 64-bit Windows® 7 (SP1), Windows® 8 or Windows®8.1

Recommended: 16 GB RAM or greater

Minimum: 8 GB RAM

Minimum: 500 GB disk space

At a minimum you should have the same.

(500gb of Vitirual HD Might be bit much so go 100GB MORE then the Install of Windows and The design Suite /Inventor)

I hope this helps,

James

James Alger
(I'm on several hundred posts as "algerj")

Work:
Dell Precision 5530 (Xeon E 2176M)
1tb SSD, 64GB RAM
Nvidia Quadro P2000, Win10
Message 4 of 5
blair
in reply to: jalger

In a 64 bit O/S, 4Gb of memory would be the same a 3Gb of memory in a 32 bit O/S, either way, you are light on memory.

Inventor 2020, In-Cad, Simulation Mechanical

Just insert the picture rather than attaching it as a file
Did you find this reply helpful ? If so please use the Accept as Solution or Kudos button below.
Delta Tau Chi ΔΤΧ

Message 5 of 5
Paul-Mason
in reply to: blair

I'd say for VIRTUAL MEMORY, this is actually HD space, something like 2 x you physical RAM as minimum setting and up to 8 time as the maximum this of courses all depends on you AVAILABLE HD SPACE

These are my settings  (min = 2x32GB) (max = 2x min or (4x32)and I have very little problems.

PM screen shot001.png

OR set it to systems managed

What capacity HD are you using? if it small, and full of files/programs then you will ALWAYS have this problem. Remove and/or transfer unused files/programs & defrag regularly,  and if all else fails get a bigger capacity HD

==============
Inventor 2023 Pro
HP Z420 workstation
Xeon 3.7Ghz CPU 8 Cores, 64 GB Ram
64bit (The Garbage known as) Windows 10 Pro
AMD FirePro V3900 (ATI FireGL) (1GB RAM)
=================
Ashington Northumberland (UK) ~ Home to the WORLD FAMOUS Pitman Painters Group

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report