Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

inventor project problems

5 REPLIES 5
Message 1 of 6
pommyphil
283 Views, 5 Replies

inventor project problems

Hi All.  

Have just reloaded Inventor 2010 and have some problems.  

Some of the projects locations appear in red, some of the time. Switching between projects seems to affect this.

Restarting Inventor sometimes clears this, sometimes not. Rebooting the computer sometimes clears this, sometimes not.

Sometimes files cannot be saved other than in a  'library folder'.  This seems to happen mainly when a project location is shown in red, but also when its shown normally.  

When starting a new project I sometimes get a message sayingthere are too many or incorrect characters in the project name.

Any help would be much appreciated.

Thanks

Phil

5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6
JoAnn_Hogan
in reply to: pommyphil

Hi Phil,

Welcome to the community,

It sounds like Inventor cannot find the projects. Delete the project from your Inventor. Then go to browse and reselect the project folder. 

If this post solved your issue please mark as solved and Kudos are always welcome 😃

Jo - Ann
Twitter: @JoAnn_Hogan
Revit Architecture Certified Professional / Revit Structure Certified Professional / AutoCAD Certified Professional
Message 3 of 6
pommyphil
in reply to: JoAnn_Hogan

Hi JoAnn.

Thank you for your reply, what a brilliant resource!
.Inventor lets me create a part but sometimes only allows me to save it as a library file. Restart Inventor and it lets me save normally, sometimes. Change or start a new project and it acts normally or goes back to the 'save as a library file'. There seems to be no consistency with this...

Cheers
Phil
Message 4 of 6
JoAnn_Hogan

Do you have all the service packs installed?

When did this start happening?

If this post solved your issue please mark as solved and Kudos are always welcome 😃

Jo - Ann
Revit Architecture Certified Professional / Revit Structure Certified Professional / AutoCAD Certified Professional
Message 5 of 6
pommyphil
in reply to: JoAnn_Hogan

It just started last week after a computer rebuild and addition of a NAS.
My computer guy suspects it may be something to do with the NAS setup.

Cheers
P
Message 6 of 6
JoAnn_Hogan

Inventor 2010 is not supported by Autodesk anymore. So you wont be able to download the service packs. 

I would suggest that you run a repair on your inventor.

Control Panel > Programs and Features > Inventor 2010 > Change > Repair

Jo - Ann

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report