Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Inventor project locked

5 REPLIES 5
SOLVED
Message 1 of 6
Anonymous
2587 Views, 5 Replies

Inventor project locked

Inventor 2012 build 160 Release: 2012 RTM

Not using Vault

Hello Everyone

I have a problem with our parts catalog inventor project. The content center file in it points to every user's hard drive rather than the content center folder on the shared server. This creates all sorts of problems of missing hardware and unresolved components when anyone else needs to open an assembly.

I went to try and change it to the proper folder but it won't let me modify anything in that specific project although I can modify all the other projects. I then had everyone make sure they weren't in the catalog project and completely exit their inventor to make sure the project wasn't used by anyone else.

I then changed project myself before reseting my own inventor but the catalog project is still marked: (read only - file open in other application) 

I aloso checked and I have complete administrator rights on the server

I wanted to know, could the project be opened by another application or is there another possible reason why the project is stuck on read only?

Regards

Guillaume

5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6
harco
in reply to: Anonymous

Easiest way is to make a new project file identical to the old one.

Probably quicker than trying to find out what's locking the old one.

Sometimes they just go bad.

Try windows explorer properties to see if .ipj is read only.

Message 3 of 6
Anonymous
in reply to: harco

Thanks for the quick response !

I already checked the .ipj and the containing folder in windows explorer and they're free.

Is there any downside to creating another project ? Can it compromise previous work or cause conflicts?

Thanks again

Message 4 of 6
harco

If you rename the new ipj exactly as the old one I don't think there would be any problem.

It would be identical in name and structure except for read only.

Keep the old one in another folder just in case.

Message 5 of 6
jrichlin

I had the same problem.  I ended up shutting down my computer, on restart the project file could be checked in and out of  vault and was able to be edited.

Message 6 of 6
Eanes.Nikki
in reply to: jrichlin

I found that even though I close all applications, they are still open. Going to Task Manager and ending the process fixed this problem for me.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report