Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Inventor Professional 2015 Material Colors

2 REPLIES 2
Message 1 of 3
m.granata
547 Views, 2 Replies

Inventor Professional 2015 Material Colors

Hi,

Does anybody know why the Cast Steel material color in Inventor Professional 2015 is a bright shiny silver where as in Inventor Professional 2014 it was a dull greenish grey (which is more accurate)?  My models created in IV Pro 2014 are still a dull greenish grey when opened, migrated, and edited in IV Pro 2015, but anything new created in IV Pro 2015 has a bright shiny silver color for Cast Steel.  This is a minor issue, but are there ways to correct it?

Best Regards,

Mike

2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
hosford
in reply to: m.granata

I believe that the person responsible for the color and texture features in Inventor has been blind with no feeling since birth and seems to be doing a great job with that handicap.

Thaddeus Hosford
NUC9i9QNX i9-9980HK, Win 10 Pro 64
Nvidia GTX 1650
Inventor 2021
Message 3 of 3
mcgyvr
in reply to: hosford

@hosford wrote:

I believe that the person responsible for the color and texture features in Inventor has been blind with no feeling since birth and seems to be doing a great job with that handicap.

Thats funny... and possibly true. 🙂 

But to try to answer the OP.. They are always updating/changing appearances it seems and also the lighting style you are using has a DRASTIC effect on how the color looks on your screen... I had to do quite a bit of updating to colors/lighting in 2015 too.. Not sure if thats from changes Autodesk did or the fact that I finally understand all the settings now.. took me a while to understand how it all works together.. 

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Inventor 2023 - Dell Precision 5570

Did you find this reply helpful ? If so please use the Accept Solution button below.
Maybe buy me a beer through Venmo @mcgyvr1269

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report