Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodeskā€™s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results forĀ 
ShowĀ Ā onlyĀ  | Search instead forĀ 
Did you mean:Ā 

Inventor Professional 2011 and Moldflow server error

5 REPLIES 5
Message 1 of 6
panvulcan
1700 Views, 5 Replies

Inventor Professional 2011 and Moldflow server error

Has anyone come across an issue with MoldFlow server. I get an error message when I try to select a material or run an analysis "The MoldFlow analysis server is terminated .............. restart analysis server"

Any clues anybody?

5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6
a_smh
in reply to: panvulcan

I have also came across the same problem with the same message hence cannot use any tutorial for mold analysis.  I have installed the standalone with no dedicated server and i am getting teh server error. The reason i do not know.  Kindly help in this regard.

Thanks

Message 3 of 6
panvulcan

I have been talking to Autodesk support on and off now for several weeks. At one point they had me completely uninstall inventor and re-install. This cured the problem for a while, but unfortunately what ever is causing the issue repeated and now I am back to square one. Support are still looking in to the problem though. Problem is as far as I can see it is that maybe the next release will come out before they have a fix. This problem does not appear in the standalone moldflow wersion as only one licence is issued. With Inventor professional there is a licence for both. There is a big problem now with inventor in particular due to the fact that there are so many integrated elements in the software structure. If one fails it is not easily fixed. Support have mentioned to me that there is now a fix utility in the process of being developed which will be available for subscription only. This utility will be similar to that used in microsoft office 2007 & now 2010 that checks out you system for compatibility issues and also integration of office products on your system. Hope this information is giving you some insight in to what support are now up to in fixing this issue? 

Message 4 of 6
JDMather

I don't have much to add except to say I have never seen this problem on my personal stand-alone install, but have seen it (2010 and 2011) on our network lab installs.

Somehow our IT person was able to solve the problem on our network install, but I do not know what they had to do.  So there is a "solution" - I just don't know what it is.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Autodesk Inventor 2019 Certified Professional
Autodesk AutoCAD 2013 Certified Professional
Certified SolidWorks Professional

Message 5 of 6
panvulcan
in reply to: JDMather

I thank you for your pertinent comments regarding the issue appertaining to the server error message. I am unfortunately still trying to solve the problem in conjunction with help and suggestions from Autodesk Support.

This issue has been seen on a network setup, but my system is stand-alone. Do you know if your I.T. people contacted Autodesk support on this problem, there might be some useful information available?

I am really clutching at straws now as I really need to get to grips with the moldflow application for potential contract work in the plastics molding field.

Message 6 of 6
a_smh

i have come across the same problem and the support answer was given to me which states to turn off the firewall, but i turned the fire wall off even then i got the same problem.  I am still awaiting the reply from autodesk support.

ARSHAD MANCHESTER

UK

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report