Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Inventor Professional 2010

4 REPLIES 4
Message 1 of 5
feojoe2
340 Views, 4 Replies

Inventor Professional 2010

My local community college had extra copies of inventor 2010 professional suite. I got one. Is there a way to get the newer version and/or use the key to get the full/unrestricted version of a newer inventor? They have 3 more and I'm asking to see if the other 3 could be used for newer versions as well (so the other 3d CAD users can get the full version). Thanks.

info:

the box says "AutoCAD Inventor" (it has both)

it has a picture of a bucket loader on the front.

4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
mdavis22569
in reply to: feojoe2

They have free Student Versions ..but you have to verify that you're a student ...

Did you find this reply helpful ? If so please use the Accept as Solution or Kudos button below.

---------
Mike Davis

EESignature

Message 3 of 5
feojoe2
in reply to: mdavis22569

Yes I'm aware. I have 2014. The college wants to know if they could use one of these keys for a project (ww.quadforge.net). this way the 3 year period wouldnt matter (after 3 years the student versions stop working) and we dont have to worry about mixing versions (2013-2014 then back to 2013 but it wont open).

Message 4 of 5
mcgyvr

Thats like walking into a car dealer and saying.. Hey I have a 2007 Honda Civic.. Please give me the 2015 Civic for free.

Your school should contact Autodesk if they wish to discuss their options. Thats NOT something you push off on a student. 

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Inventor 2023 - Dell Precision 5570

Did you find this reply helpful ? If so please use the Accept Solution button below.
Maybe buy me a beer through Venmo @mcgyvr1269
Message 5 of 5
JDMather

@feojoe2 wrote:

....The college wants to know....this way the 3 year period wouldnt matter.

1. Colleges (institutions) can now get Autodesk products for free (no longer limited to students and faculty).

2. The 3-yr student license is renewed for each release, so effectively, students (and faculty)have perpetual license as long as they are students (or faculty).

If you want to learn ancient technology, you could go back to charcoal on cave wall.  I would want to be learning current technology.

http://www.autodesk.com/edcommunity

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Autodesk Inventor 2019 Certified Professional
Autodesk AutoCAD 2013 Certified Professional
Certified SolidWorks Professional

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report