Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Inventor Proect File Missing Message

20 REPLIES 20
Message 1 of 21
yannicknielsen
2192 Views, 20 Replies

Inventor Proect File Missing Message

Hey there

Yesterday I got an error stating that a project file was missing and that Inventor would no longer search for it.

The same happened to my colleague, and we didn't think any more about that, since it was stating that the name was "s".

Today we found out that one of our folders is actually missing and that it was that project.

We then decided to try and delete another project file, and again, it stated that the name was "s".

I'll attach a picture of the warning. When that message popped up, it was supposed to state "Abeto Teknik", but as I said, it didn't.

Please fix that so we actually know what's missing rather than just "s" 🙂

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Product Design Suite Ultimate 2021
20 REPLIES 20
Message 21 of 21
scottmoyse
in reply to: samiharada

@samiharada wrote:

I don't believe SP1 will fix this issue. Fixing UI issue via a hotfix / service pack is not impossible but very expensive, since we usually provide a single binary that can be applied to all languages. I think our current target delivery date is sometime in the next year, as a part of a full release, but we cannot commit anything here.

Please contact your official support channel if you need more detailed info.

Thank you,

-Sami Harada

Inventor Framework QA

Autodesk, Inc.

Email_Signature_Logobar.jpg

Sami,

I think there is another issue here. I believe this message comes up as a result of the Temp project files being deleted after Vault based commands such as Copy Design, Rename and Visualisation file creation have been performed. After the temp file is cleaned up, Inventor thinks it is missing and subsequently displays the error message this thread is based on. 

So Inventor/Vault isn't cleaning up the Temp project files in such a way as to not produce the missing project file error

then secondly, Inventor is incorrectly displaying the name of the missing project file. We are seeing this an awful lot from our Vault customers.

Please can you do some further testing internally with this in mind?

Scott Moyse
Did you find this post helpful? Feel free to Like this post.
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.

EESignature

Design & Manufacturing Technical Services Manager at Cadpro New Zealand

Co-founder of the Grumpy Sloth full aluminium billet mechanical keyboard project

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report