Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Inventor Proect File Missing Message

20 REPLIES 20
Message 1 of 21
yannicknielsen
2161 Views, 20 Replies

Inventor Proect File Missing Message

Hey there

Yesterday I got an error stating that a project file was missing and that Inventor would no longer search for it.

The same happened to my colleague, and we didn't think any more about that, since it was stating that the name was "s".

Today we found out that one of our folders is actually missing and that it was that project.

We then decided to try and delete another project file, and again, it stated that the name was "s".

I'll attach a picture of the warning. When that message popped up, it was supposed to state "Abeto Teknik", but as I said, it didn't.

Please fix that so we actually know what's missing rather than just "s" 🙂

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Product Design Suite Ultimate 2021
20 REPLIES 20
Message 2 of 21
cbenner
in reply to: yannicknielsen

In Inventor, click on the big "I" in the upper left corner, go to Manage, then Projects to bring up a list of projects... is "s" in there?  Can you post a screen shot of this list?

Message 3 of 21
yannicknielsen
in reply to: cbenner

We have too many projects for a single screen shot.

There is no "s" in there, and the first time I experienced it, it was supposed to say "B.a. industriservice" and the second time "Abeto Teknik".

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Message 4 of 21
blair

I would do a search on your system/network for all  "*.IPJ" files. You may need to then use the Project editor and browse to these locations and re-establish the link.

Possibly someone could have deleted the files/folders. Shortcuts are stored in each users profile directory under Windows

Something could have happened to your network/server and user profiles as well to cause this.

You may need to create new User Profiles within Windows if other issues arise.

Inventor 2020, In-Cad, Simulation Mechanical

Just insert the picture rather than attaching it as a file
Did you find this reply helpful ? If so please use the Accept as Solution or Kudos button below.
Delta Tau Chi ΔΤΧ

Message 5 of 21
yannicknielsen
in reply to: blair

I am aware that a IPJ file was missing.

Doing a search in shortcuts doesn't provide me with anything named S.

The problem is that with two different missing project files, it stated that "s" was missing both times, rather than what the actual projects were named

Message 6 of 21
blair

Looks more like a type error in the "error message" and I would disregard the "s" and seach you system/network for all IPJ's.

I would be more concerned with the missing folder, but then again that's what back-ups are for, when things like this happen, just go the the last backup and restore the folder.

Did you find this reply helpful ? If so please use the Accept as Solution or Kudos button below.
Delta Tau Chi ΔΤΧ

Message 7 of 21
yannicknielsen
in reply to: blair

Backup is awesome and saved us this time!

But we would have reacted sooner if it had written the proper project name rather than just "S" 🙂

Message 8 of 21

That sounds like the problem we have been experiencing here at our office. Unfortunately it's been happening frequently for one of us and the error looking for project name 's' comes up and then all the projects that were previously populating the folder editor dialog box are gone and the only ones left are 'Default' and 'Interactive Tutorials'. We want to know what is causing this and how to fix it. So far in this thread hasn't really come up with a viable solution to the overall problem. We'd like to explore this a little deeper. If someone can help would be appreciated.

Message 9 of 21
blair
in reply to: karipates6709

Possibly if the files/folders are across a network you might be having problems with timing and permissions.

Delta Tau Chi ΔΤΧ

Message 10 of 21
samiharada

Thank you for reporting the issue.

This has been known as DID 1489929 in our product database.

(Basically, the missing project is always shown as "S" instead of actual project name/path)

THe code change was made and it's not reproducible anymore in the latest internal build for next major release.

Best,

-Sami Harada

Inventor Framework QA

Autodesk, Inc.

Email_Signature_Logobar.jpg

Message 11 of 21

That sounds like loss of connection to the folder(s) containing your IPJs. In our case it was just ONE project file missing, and finding that amongst 250 can be hard, when all you have to go on is "s".

Luckly, as stated above, they have now fixed that.

As for your solution, you should probably try and find out if and why it loses connection. If it doesn't do that, there may be other stuff conflicting with it. Or in the end, it may be another bug (which I have yet to see)

Message 12 of 21

It still doesn't quite make sense because there only 3 of us in our little office and only 2 have ever had this happen but 1 is continually having this issue. Why would it affect some of us and not the others if we are all networked in? What could we check to see if it IS a network issue on that particular machine?

Message 13 of 21

As I understand it, the following could cause it - Listing as hardware and software

Hardware:
The network card
The switch
The Cable

It shouldn't be the server, or you'd all have the problem

Software:
Permissions, as mentioned earlier - You may want to look into that.

Possible ways to check it:
Change internet cables
Change the setup on the switch
If neither of those work, it could possibly be the network card.

I don't know much on the software part, so you may want to ask someone else about that.

Message 14 of 21

I wonder who marked the thread as solved? I guess it was n't topicstarter.

With Update 1 for SP1 installed (published on 1Nov) we still suffer the issue in AI2014.

Message 15 of 21

I did accept as solution when the autodesk representative said it was known, and wouldn't be reproducable from SP 1

But you are right. I saw it, once again, last friday, so it isn't fixed

I just removed the accept as solution, and I hope that autodesk will get back to this and tell us what to do, if they did in fact fix it

Message 16 of 21

Dear Sami Harada,

Could you please provide us with timeline for solving the issue (or at
least remove "solved" state)?

Thanks in advance.
Message 17 of 21
samiharada
in reply to: Maxim-CADman77

I don't believe SP1 will fix this issue. Fixing UI issue via a hotfix / service pack is not impossible but very expensive, since we usually provide a single binary that can be applied to all languages. I think our current target delivery date is sometime in the next year, as a part of a full release, but we cannot commit anything here.

Please contact your official support channel if you need more detailed info.

Thank you,

-Sami Harada

Inventor Framework QA

Autodesk, Inc.

Email_Signature_Logobar.jpg

Message 18 of 21
Maxim-CADman77
in reply to: samiharada

Ok, guys ... let's stop discussing that child mistake ... it is only
five month to wait for improvement (nothing in comparison with Eternity
of the Universe) 🙂
Message 19 of 21

I'm happy it's only until next major release, and not next century or something 😄

I understand that it's always an assessment of price (time) vs. impact.

My main problem with it, was that we lost some data because we didn't react fast enough, because of a message that we thought was just a bug

Message 20 of 21

I wonder if there any guarantee that 2015 wouldn't contain alike
non-sense warning in some another area and we will wait 2016 just to not
suffer from it?

Know issues should get their solution during the lifecycle of software
but not after....

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report