Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Inventor Pro FEA

0 REPLIES 0
Message 1 of 1
dave.blackmore
305 Views, 0 Replies

Inventor Pro FEA

Hi, I'm doing some stress analysis in inventor and have a problem with the bearing stress. I've created a lug, and a lug with a slot. First I tried lifting to produce shear and tensile stresses and the result was a difference of 3% in favor of the unslotted lug as expected. Next I tried a horizontal bearing load to produce bending. Here the Von Mises resulted in an increase of 55% from 208 MPa to 322 MPa which is quite a lot between the two lugs. Also, the maximum stress area is in a different location. It seems plausible to me but I wanted a second opinion especially on the way I modeled the lugs. The lugs are constrained at the base and the bearing load is applied to the lug eye internal face. Would modeling the weld and base plate eliminate the concentration? My hand calcs assumes the load is taken by the entire base but that doesn't appear to happen here to generate such large stresses. Thanks in advance, Dave.

Tags (4)
0 REPLIES 0

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report