Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Inventor Pro 2015 Slow Graphics

61 REPLIES 61
Message 1 of 62
Anonymous
4803 Views, 61 Replies

Inventor Pro 2015 Slow Graphics

Hello,

I just installed IV2015 and have really slow graphics. This is a large imported step file from our customer. Things I've tried, turned off textures, turned frame rate up to 20Hz, disabled antivirus, and changed display quality (medium seems better than rough). IV2014 would hide components to allow me to rotate the model but this doesn't do it.

System:

Dual E5-2650

Nvidia Quadro K4000 Driver 332.21

64 GB Ram

Win 7 64bit

Everything was fine in IV2014, now its supper choppy and unusable. Thanks for the help!

-doug

Tags (1)
61 REPLIES 61
Message 41 of 62
Anonymous
in reply to: scottmoyse

Material libraries need to be shared though.

Mark Young
Design Engineer
[AGD Systems Limited, Tel: 01452 854212 Fax: 01452 854213 Web: www.agd-systems.com]
AGD Systems Limited
Tel: 01452 854212 Fax: 01452 854213 Web: www.agd-systems.com
P Please consider the environment before printing this e-mail
Message 42 of 62
scottmoyse
in reply to: Anonymous

@Anonymous wrote:

Mark Young
Design Engineer
[AGD Systems Limited, Tel: 01452 854212 Fax: 01452 854213 Web: www.agd-systems.com]
AGD Systems Limited
Tel: 01452 854212 Fax: 01452 854213 Web: www.agd-systems.com
P Please consider the environment before printing this e-mail

Yes they do, so use Vault and gain all the other goodies that comes with as well. 😉

Or until this problem is fixed you can manually copy them between the network and local drive whenever a change is made to the library.

Or you find it's your AV being a PITA, and excluding it's over bearing self from your Inventor data fixes the issue.

Scott Moyse
Did you find this post helpful? Feel free to Like this post.
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.

EESignature

Design & Manufacturing Technical Services Manager at Cadpro New Zealand

Co-founder of the Grumpy Sloth full aluminium billet mechanical keyboard project

Message 43 of 62
scottmoyse

@Anonymous wrote:

But it seems you have the IBL issue, rather than the drawing view placement issue? 

Scott Moyse
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.

EESignature

Co-founder of the Grumpy Sloth full aluminium billet mechanical keyboard project

Message 44 of 62
Anonymous

Yes IBL is the main issue for me. I think those backgrounds are local anyway.

We are closer than ever to using Vault 😉 but I didn't think that made local copies of material libraries. Am I wrong?

Keeping a local copy and updating it manually is just asking for more trouble. Managing those libraries is confusing enough as it is. I notice a delay opening the libraries from the network compared to having it locally but to us it's worth it.

I know what a PITA is but you lost me with AV BTW 🙂

Message 45 of 62
Anonymous

At least what I have learned today is that if you reply here by email, delete your signature before you press send.....

Message 46 of 62
scottmoyse

@Anonymous wrote:

Yes IBL is the main issue for me. I think those backgrounds are local anyway.

Yes they are

@Anonymous wrote:

We are closer than ever to using Vault 😉 but I didn't think that made local copies of material libraries. Am I wrong?

You can store whatever files you want inside Vault. So you put your templates and design data folders inside Vault as well, and more your project to them... e.g:
C:\Vault Working Folder\Design data
C:\Vault Working Folder\Templates
C:\Vault Working Folder\Project File Workspace

@Anonymous wrote:

I know what a PITA is but you lost me with AV BTW 🙂

Anti Virus.

Scott Moyse

EESignature

Message 47 of 62
VinceBalge

I believe this is a windows user profile problem. Here’s what I’ve found.

Two different users using the same computer, same vault log in, same assembly from Vault open in Inventor before creating drawing.

My personal profile, after 8 minutes I only see the placement view, mouse is not responsive, I killed Inventor. (top image)

Created a new test user on domain and logged into computer. Created two views in 20 seconds using identical  steps. (bottom image)

test-01.JPG

Can someone else verify this?

Vince B

Tags (1)
Message 48 of 62
scottmoyse
in reply to: VinceBalge

@VINCEBALGE4109 wrote:

I believe this is a windows user profile problem. Here’s what I’ve found.

Two different users using the same computer, same vault log in, same assembly from Vault open in Inventor before creating drawing.

My personal profile, after 8 minutes I only see the placement view, mouse is not responsive, I killed Inventor. (top image)

Created a new test user on domain and logged into computer. Created two views in 20 seconds using identical  steps. (bottom image)

Can someone else verify this?

Vince B

Have you tried using this tool on the problematic user profile? http://knowledge.autodesk.com/support/inventor-products/troubleshooting/caas/sfdcarticles/sfdcarticl...

Scott Moyse

EESignature

Message 49 of 62
VinceBalge

Hi Scott;

When I picked link in our post i got a bad url, but in the email from the dicussion group the link worked.

I down loaded and ran the reset utility. Problem still exists.

Vince

Message 50 of 62
brian.cranston
in reply to: VinceBalge

A couple times a year we have to rebuild a user profile because it self destructs.  I think it's your turn especially since another user works fine on the same pc.

-Brian

Message 51 of 62
Anonymous
in reply to: brian.cranston

I can confirme that we have same problem here, placing views takes forever - not acceptable! Yes we keep our design data on server ( we didnt have this problem in previous inventor relesed 2012 2013 2014). I did try to reset my user data wit autodesk tool no luck same problem exist.

Any other solution for the problem other than moving desing data to local drive?

Message 52 of 62
johan_brostrom

Try to turn off "Enable backgrund updates" in "Application Options" -> "Drawing" -> "Capacity/Performance".

Regards,

Johan

Message 53 of 62

Hello

I have installed inventor 2015 and continuously crashes and runs really slow as well. This is a major problem as a lot of time is lostI have attached the DxDia.txt to assist.

Thank you

Message 54 of 62

doninic.tunnell,

Please place your design data and material and appearance files locally and test your performance.

Thank you.

Bob Holland
Autodesk Product Support
Message 55 of 62

Hello

I have had an extra hard drive installed onto my computer. We have tried developing assemblies locally, on the network and locally with the network disconnected. I have turned off all virus protection software. Reinstalled all graphic drivers. The list can go on.

Unfortunately this has had no effect.

Thank you

Message 56 of 62

Hello

The design data and material specs are already installed locally.

Thank you

Message 57 of 62

dominic.runnell,

Where is your Design Data?

What is your Design Data Setting in Applications Options?

What is your Design Data Setting in your IPJ?

Thank you.

Bob Holland
Autodesk Product Support
Message 58 of 62
VinceBalge
in reply to: bob_holland

With the help of my Autodesk Resellar my problem is basically fixed.

Issue number one: Inventor 2015 want's the Design Data in a folder called "Design Data". In previous versions of Inventor I had my migrated design data in a folder named after the current release, i.e. "Design Data 2014". Inventor 2015 doesn't seem to work properly unless it's called "Design Data"

Issue number two: Changing and editing the project inside Inventor causes problems. If I start out with the "Default" IPJ file performance when creating drawing views is good, but when i switch to our custom IPJ (from inside Inventor) drawing view creation is very slow. I then close Inventor and use the standalone Inventor Project Editor to set the current project file to our custom IPJ. After opening Inventor with the custom IPJ, drawing view creation is good. if a now switch to the "Default" IPJ (from inside Inventor) drawing view preformance is very slow.

Vince

Message 59 of 62

Hi Vince

Thanks for the advice. The design data folder has been installed by default as "design data". I do use custom ipj as we do not have vault installed and I have been given a budget to install it across the network. What type of standalone inventor project editor do you use.

Regards

Dominic Tunnell OIEAust
Mechanical Design Draftsman
Technical Support

[cid:image003.png@01CC93F6.3BB88C90]
JOEST Australia Pty Ltd

Phone: 08 9358 3740
Direct: 08 9259 8316
Fax: 08 9358 3928

E-mail: dominic.tunnell@joest.com.au
Web: www.joest.com.au

NOTICE:
JOEST Australia Pty Ltd respects the privacy of individuals and strives to comply with all applicable legislation. This message may contain privileged or confidential information intended only for the use of the addressee named above. If you are not the intended recipient of this message, you are hereby notified that you must not disseminate, copy or take any action in reliance on it. All attachments are issued under copyright and must not be used for any purpose without written permission from the copyright owner. If you have received this message in error, please contact JOEST or the sender immediately. JOEST takes all care to prevent the transmission of viruses by using virus scanning software, but excludes all liability for viruses or similar in any messages or attachments.

Please consider the environment before printing this e-mail
Message 60 of 62

Hi Vince,

What were the symptoms to support your first comment ? I'm not aware of the need to have Design Data only called exactly that, in 2015. If you want to call it somethign else then you'd need to ensure that the setting on Tolls, Applicaiton Options, File tab is set as well as in any custom project (Folder Options), you may be using. The App Option takes effect, until you override it with the project setting.

For your second set of tests, I suspect that something (inventor.adsklib ?) was still being cached from one of the locations & changing projects using the editor & then in Inventor didn't clear that cache properly. A good rule of thumb is to only ever make any project setting changes, (including changing the active project), when nothing is open in Inventor.

The performance issue I am aware of is being worked on for 2015 SP1 Update1 - that's where drawing views take longer than usual to compute if your Inventor.adkslib file (in ..\Design Data\Materials by deafult) is on a network location as opposed to being local.

Thanks

Chris

Chris Mitchell
PDMS Customer Engagment Team
Autodesk, Inc.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report