Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Inventor Pro 2014 Simulation Mesh export ?

9 REPLIES 9
SOLVED
Message 1 of 10
awarth
1235 Views, 9 Replies

Inventor Pro 2014 Simulation Mesh export ?

Hi, I would like to export the mesh which was created in the Simulationmode to do further Studies with an other Product. But I couldn't find how to export the RAW Mesh ? HAs anybody some suggestions ? Best regards, Alex
9 REPLIES 9
Message 2 of 10
raviburla
in reply to: awarth

Hi,

Inventor Stress Analysis does not provide this functionality. 

However, Autodesk Simulation Mechanical provides options to write mesh (and simulation data) in different formats. Also, Autodesk Nastran In-CAD allows you to write mesh file in nastran format. 

Thanks,

Ravi Burla

Ravi Burla
Sr. Principal Research Engineer
Message 3 of 10
awarth
in reply to: raviburla

Thank you very much !
Message 4 of 10
benjamin.lender
in reply to: raviburla

Hi,

I have the same issue, but I only have Inventor at hand.

I need to calculate my global error and if possible plot an error estimate, Inventor Professional 2016 seems to no have that functionality (am I wrong?). So I need to export the mesh of my simulation. It would be yet more convenient to export results but the mesh would do.

How can this be done?

Thank you for your help!

Benjamin Lender

PS: if there is no way of exporting results so far, is it planed? When working with i.e. MATLAB it would be very helpful to have the matrizes of the mesh and the results

Message 5 of 10
awarth
in reply to: benjamin.lender

Hi Benjamin, I couldn't find a export function in Inventor Pro 2016 (Student) nor in Inv Pro 2015 (Student). Such a functionalty would be great. So one can use OpenSource FEM Solver -Like Elmer or OpenFOAM. It is a pitty because I need to make some thermal Analysis and as a Student I cant affort COMSOL, Ansys or the Prorange of Autodesk tools. The Mesher of Invetor is quite good compared to opensource alternatives but ...stress analysis yeah unfortunatly I dont need it. For Instance most Univeristies have pro tools for this (eg Ansys) but limited to this functionality. I guess I will never have a "non-free" Student solution to this. regards
Message 6 of 10
JDMather
in reply to: awarth

@awarth wrote:
.... as a Student I cant afford
I guess I will never have a "non-free" Student solution to this. regards

Nastran In-CAD and Autodesk Simulation are available for FREE to students (and schools) from the Autodesk Student Community.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Autodesk Inventor 2019 Certified Professional
Autodesk AutoCAD 2013 Certified Professional
Certified SolidWorks Professional

Message 7 of 10
blair
in reply to: JDMather

InCad is only available as a network license. If your version of Inventor is a Stand Alone version, you can't mix the network license version of InCad with a Stand Alone version of Inventor. (just went through this with the NFR license of InCad)

You can still use InCad for 30 days to do your work.

Inventor 2020, In-Cad, Simulation Mechanical

Just insert the picture rather than attaching it as a file
Did you find this reply helpful ? If so please use the Accept as Solution or Kudos button below.
Delta Tau Chi ΔΤΧ

Message 8 of 10
awarth
in reply to: blair

@JDMather and @Blair thx you very much for your suggestions. For now I downloaded both I recieved a stand alone License aswell for both. I will see how it works 🙂 Thx again
Message 9 of 10
JDMather
in reply to: blair

@Blair wrote:

InCad is only available as a network license. If your version of Inventor is a Stand Alone version, ....

Students can get FREE stand alone-license of Autodesk Nastran In-CAD.

I am running stand alone license in Inventor and SolidWorks.

Nastran InCAD.png

Nastran License.png

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Autodesk Inventor 2019 Certified Professional
Autodesk AutoCAD 2013 Certified Professional
Certified SolidWorks Professional

Message 10 of 10
awarth
in reply to: JDMather

thx thats how I got my standalone lic aswell

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report