Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Inventor Pro 2013 Very Slow

7 REPLIES 7
Message 1 of 8
andyb
1012 Views, 7 Replies

Inventor Pro 2013 Very Slow

Hi All

I've been experiencing some very strange behaviour of late from Inventor. Everytime I undertake any command (select a sketch plane, place a constraint, add a dimension, etc) Inventor takes around 30 seconds to deal with it. Has anyone else experienced this and got a clue how to fix it? I've got my vendor looking at the problem but they are sturggling.

My spec is:

Inventor Pro 2013, service pack 1.1 update 1

Dell Precision T3600

Windows 7 64-bit, service pack 1

Intel Xeon E5 1620, 3.6 GHz

16 GB RAM

AMD FirePro V5900 (latest driver 9.003.3)

Cheers

7 REPLIES 7
Message 2 of 8
machiel.veldkamp
in reply to: andyb

I had the same thing with 2012. Are you working on your C drive or on a network based enviroment?

Did you find this reply helpful ? If so please use the Accept as Solution or Kudos button below.

Hi, thanks for the reply

I'm working on my C drive (a vault working folder). The files I'm working on haven't yet been checked in. I don't tend to check the models in. I wait until I've completed the detail/arrangement drawing for each model then I check them in when I check the drawing in.

Message 4 of 8
chrisrodway

My laptop spec is worse then yours and it run smoothley I would check your graphics driver and what processes are running in the background on your pc

Hope This Helps

Chris

Design Engineer

Sheffield UK

Cheers

Chris Rodway
Design Engineer
Sheffield, UK
Message 5 of 8
LT.Rusty

I've got a lot of the same issues with 2013, but it seems to be transient, and can (usually) be solved by saving the files that I'm working on.  Sometimes more radical measures are required, including restarting Inventor or rebooting the computer.  Not always, though.

Rusty

EESignature

Message 6 of 8
blair

Try creating a new Project File and see if that solves the issue.

Inventor 2020, In-Cad, Simulation Mechanical

Just insert the picture rather than attaching it as a file
Did you find this reply helpful ? If so please use the Accept as Solution or Kudos button below.
Delta Tau Chi ΔΤΧ

Message 7 of 8
andyb
in reply to: blair

Again tahnks for the replies

I've made sure my graphics driver is up to date (the latest from the AMD website). I've also tried the latest driver from the Autodesk website for my card.

This problem does seem to be more prominent when I've been working with Inventor for most of the day (i.e. later on in the afternoon). When on the old 32-bit systems we did see a lot of memory hogging of closed files from Inventor, but 64-bit isn't supposed to do that.

I've also tried working with a few different project files (I can't delete the Vault project file because there are 3 of us that use it - although we're all experiencing this problem to different degrees).

Message 8 of 8
chrisrodway

Try creating a new vault project file just on your pc and see if it fixes the problem. Then you can roll it out to other users if it fixes the problem. If not you can just delete it and you know the project file is not the problem.

Hope this works

Chris

Design Engineer

Sheffield, UK

Cheers

Chris Rodway
Design Engineer
Sheffield, UK

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report