Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Inventor Pro 2012 Fails to Load After Splash Screen

2 REPLIES 2
Message 1 of 3
chaselby
830 Views, 2 Replies

Inventor Pro 2012 Fails to Load After Splash Screen

Howdy,

I'm a school teacher in the PLTW program that uses Inventor extensively in my classroom. Our district operates under a 125 seat license. The issue I've run into is on my personal computer (Windows Vista, x64) and is therefore outside the realm of the usual IT guy's duties. The Inventor software was installed on my laptop by the PLTW training staff during my summer session. I *think* it is a stand alone install of the program.

What happens is after I launch Autodesk Inventor, I can see the splash screen, and the inventor.exe task appears in the task manager, however after a few seconds, the splash screen disappears and the program does not launch. There is no error message.

This is confusing since until quite recently I am sure that Inventor was working hunky dory. Also, all the other Autodesk programs seems to function normally (Fusion, Design and Review)

I've tried a repair and reinstall, but the problem still persists. Also, I updated the install with SP 1, but this had no effect either.

I have recently updated my display drivers (ATI Radeon), however, I tried reverting back to the older drivers and still the problem persists, so I don't think it is graphics driver related

Any help would be great,
Cullen

2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3

Hi chaselby, 

Here's something to try:

http://inventortrenches.blogspot.com/2011/06/networked-seat-of-inventor-wont-start.html

I hope this helps.
Best of luck to you in all of your Inventor pursuits,
Curtis
http://inventortrenches.blogspot.com

Message 3 of 3
chaselby
in reply to: chaselby

Curtis,

Thanks, I saw that after I posted as well, but I'm afraid it doesn't have any effect. I did notice however that Inventor does not recreate the file in the ProgramData folder, so that tells me that the program isn't getting to that point in the launch sequence - I think!

Kudos for trying!

Cullen

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report