Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Inventor Precise Input Missing input fields.

5 REPLIES 5
SOLVED
Message 1 of 6
nashligo
1656 Views, 5 Replies

Inventor Precise Input Missing input fields.

I saw another thread on this, but it went unanswered, so I am going to ask it with some better information.

I installed inventor pro 2012, and it was working fine for a few days, but it now is missing the input boxes for the Precise Input window as can be seen in this screenshot:

http://wakemud.com/images/inventorproblem001.png

Any ideas on what's going on and how I can get those boxes back?

5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6
SBix26
in reply to: nashligo

It's probably a graphics issue.  Update drivers to latest Microsoft certified.

However, I wonder why you would be using Precision Input in a sketch?  It has been perhaps a decade since I last used it, in the week before we started our first training class.  Using Precision Input is a very tedious and difficult way to make precise sketches, which will change anyway without proper constraints.

Message 3 of 6
nashligo
in reply to: SBix26

I tried using dimension constraints (I think?) and the little text box doesn't appear next to the cursor anymore when I try and do any geometry or drawing. I am working on a project for a college course, but we were offered a very very brief and limited tutorial using an ancient version of Inventor, while the program available is 2012, and I also felt it would be a waste to learn an old version when if I ever worked on it in the work force I'd rather be familiar with the new version. But the instruction given by the teacher was not great to begin with, so I've been blundering through as best I can.

Message 4 of 6
JDMather
in reply to: nashligo

@nashligo wrote:

But the instruction given by the teacher was not great to begin with, so I've been blundering through as best I can.

I can't think of any reason for a beginner to use Precise Input, in fact at the moment the only use I can think of is in routing cables.
Exactly what are you tryin to do - there is probably a much better technique than Precise Input.

http://home.pct.edu/~jmather/skillsusa%20university.pdf

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Autodesk Inventor 2019 Certified Professional
Autodesk AutoCAD 2013 Certified Professional
Certified SolidWorks Professional

The CADWhisperer YouTube Channel

EESignature

Message 5 of 6
nashligo
in reply to: JDMather

That pdf gave me exactly what I was looking for as an alternative answer. Thank you.

It is a wind turbine we'll be 3d printing.

Message 6 of 6
PACDrafting
in reply to: JDMather

How about finding the problem to the issue instead of making a work around!

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report