Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Inventor picture becomes too dark

13 REPLIES 13
Message 1 of 14
Orest_iy
1244 Views, 13 Replies

Inventor picture becomes too dark

Hello

My Inventor screen picture became much dark as used to be.

For example all my aluminum parts became too dark and too grey.

My office machine has excellent picture within the same settings of Lightings.

Here is video link attached. If I set more Bright the picture becomes closer as used

to be but it used to work fine at 50% and my office machine is also perfect at 50%

Please advise ether it about the setting of Inventors or my videocard ?

I've got this problem after the successive series of program crushes.

There is only Inventor has this "dark picture" problem. Other programs works fine.

Inventor reinstallation did not help.

Please help,

Regards,

Orest Yavtushenko

13 REPLIES 13
Message 2 of 14
bobvdd
in reply to: Orest_iy

Orest,

I did not see your video link. You also don't state what version of Inventor you are on.

So you checked the definition of the lights in the Style editor and they have the correct intensity?

Bob

Bob Van der Donck

Principal UX designer DMG group
Message 3 of 14
Orest_iy
in reply to: bobvdd

Ouch

Here it is

http://www.screencast.com/t/oMFXQKmw

Yes it is the correct setting in Lighting style.

And I used to have a nice picture prior to crush

If I switch from Two Lights to Default and other settings they are also dark.

It seems like some one more general Lighting correction exist and it is located in front

of all other setting affeting them all.

For example I should set Brightness aprox 70% at my laptop now while my office machine

within this shining more than too much..

Regards,

Orest

Message 4 of 14
trumpy81

Orest_iy, are you aware that most laptops operate with reduced screen brightness, to save power?

This may explain why your desktop machine looks great but the laptop does not. Try adjusting the screen brightness on the laptop. This may be a BIOS setting or a Video card driver setting or simply a control panel/Display setting.

If you run your laptop on battery power at all, that will also have an impact on screen brightness.

My suggestion would be to live with the default styles, and remind yourself that you are working on the laptop Smiley Sad

Regards
Andy M
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Autodesk Inventor 2013 Pro SP1.1, Win7 Pro - 64Bit - SP1, Intel i7 960 @ 3.333 GHz
Asus X58 Sabertooth, Corsair 12Gig DDR3, AMD Radeon HD6970, Samsung 830 Series 256G SSD, 2x 3TB Seagate, 2x 2TB Hitachi,
1x 1TB Samsung, 4 x 2TB Seagate in Netgear ReadyNAS NV+, Dual Asus VE278Q Monitors
Message 5 of 14
Orest_iy
in reply to: trumpy81

Hmmm

It could be the reason but I have only the working window of Inventor dark.

The Inventor ribbons, browser and other programs works fine.

I do not think the ability of  laptop to save a power in this selective way is so advanced...

Either way all possible setting of my nVidia card I set to default or to disable.

The choice of aplication vs nVidia guiding the screen does make any difference.

For instance my prewiew pictures of files I did not touch after this problem are much more bright

compare the files saved now..

Regards,

Orest

Message 6 of 14
mcgyvr

What are your settings in tools..application options..hardware tab? (on both computers)

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Inventor 2023 - Dell Precision 5570

Did you find this reply helpful ? If so please use the Accept Solution button below.
Maybe buy me a beer through Venmo @mcgyvr1269
Message 7 of 14
Orest_iy
in reply to: mcgyvr

In the Application Options - Display

I have tried both aplication and document setting.

I the Document Settings - Standard - Settings I have the same light settings 

I have restarted the Inventor each time of setting were changed.

If I switch between Default - Two Light and other - all are much more dark as used to be

Both PC has same settings.

I prefer application setting so the Inventor will dictate the Light but not the current file.

After this problem I've tried probably all possible combinations and even reinstall the Inventor

Message 8 of 14
trumpy81

Is this happening with just this one document, or does it happen with all documents?
Regards
Andy M
Autodesk Inventor 2013 Pro SP1.1, Win7 Pro - 64Bit - SP1, Intel i7 960 @ 3.333 GHz
Asus X58 Sabertooth, Corsair 12Gig DDR3, AMD Radeon HD6970, Samsung 830 Series 256G SSD, 2x 3TB Seagate, 2x 2TB Hitachi,
1x 1TB Samsung, 4 x 2TB Seagate in Netgear ReadyNAS NV+, Dual Asus VE278Q Monitors
Message 9 of 14
Orest_iy

All files of all projects became dark.

It is really like some setting are located BEFORE all existing in Inventor

and something turn them 30-40 prcent down

Message 10 of 14
trumpy81

When you Installed Inventor on the laptop and opened the files for the first time, did you get a message dialog asking to convert existing styles to appearances?

Regards
Andy M
Message 11 of 14
Orest_iy

No I have not.

Here is something really specific and unusual question.

I have much installation and reinstallation of Inventor I would definetelly draw attention for that...

Orest

Message 12 of 14
trumpy81

I looked at the video again, and I think you are running Inventor 2011, is that right?

Regards
Andy M
Message 13 of 14
Orest_iy

No it is 2012. The 2011 used to have less lighting possibilities but also less problems with that.

I also find my nVidia 3D setting intended exclusively for Inventor but setting to default gave no result.

The mentioned features are mostly greek for me but I just tried to shift them all out of default and

also without any result.

I have attached the screenshot

Regards,

Orest

Message 14 of 14
Orest_iy

My problem is solved.

It has gone after the setting to default the 3D NVIDIA setting for Inventor.

I used to do it several times without result but the trick is this time I have reset

not only Inventor but Inventorview settings.

NVIDIA Control Panel - Manage 3D settings - Autodesk Inventorview - Restore.

I do not know what they ment under the Inventorview but this work out.

I am also did not make any changes there except after this problem, I am spent

a while to realize some settings could exist beyond the Inventor itself.

Inventor is just one program making this HP Mobile Workstation 8740 i7,RAM16G,

NVIDIA Quadro 2800,1G machine to crush.

The video driver sometimes crushes but popup the message it is restored

but everything working after that except the working screen of Inventor.

Regards,

Orest

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report