Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Inventor Part Files keep Updating after Save

11 REPLIES 11
SOLVED
Message 1 of 12
PafecDOGS
955 Views, 11 Replies

Inventor Part Files keep Updating after Save

Hi, i am having a problem with Inventor 2014 (SP1 Update 2) concenring part files; whenever you do a change, then go to save, the file saves then the update icon turns on - even tho there's nothing to do/the change i've made has already happened. Even something like adding a chamfer does this; I add the chamfer; the chamfer is there, the update icon is off, I save the file then the update icon comes on, and if you exit it comes up with "Save Changes ?". its really nnoying, want to know if there's a solution; maybe some option i havent got ticked in Inventor. Thanks.

11 REPLIES 11
Message 2 of 12
brian
in reply to: PafecDOGS

Is there by any chance an iLogic rule firing "after Save"?

Message 3 of 12
PafecDOGS
in reply to: brian

Hi, not sure as I don't think we use iLogic here .... can you suggest where i would look?

There are 7 of us and we are all suffering this issue; we are wondering now if its started happened since we updated Inventor to the SP1 Update 2; it seems the problem may have started since then (we only did the update around a month ago) although none of us are sure ...

Message 4 of 12
blair

You are behind on your SP's and Updates for IV2014. That would be my first place to look.

Inventor 2020, In-Cad, Simulation Mechanical

Just insert the picture rather than attaching it as a file
Did you find this reply helpful ? If so please use the Accept as Solution or Kudos button below.
Delta Tau Chi ΔΤΧ

Message 5 of 12
rdyson

View / Windows / User Interface / iLogic Browser
Will show what's loaded in a document
Manage / iLogic / iTrigger
Will show which routines are triggered by what action

PDSU 2016
Message 6 of 12
mrattray

Sounds like someone added some sloppy iLogic programming to your template.
Mike (not Matt) Rattray

Message 7 of 12
PafecDOGS
in reply to: rdyson

Yes, the part files have an iLogic rule - i remember now one of my colleagues adding something to do with something that convers mm2 to m2, but I didnt realise he added it thru iLogic. Unfortunately, he's in Australia til end next week, so i'll tackle him about it then. Can't wait to tell him his work is sloppy, i will enjoy that! Cat Tongue

Thanks for help

Message 8 of 12
admaiora

Smiley Very Happy  rascals colleagues

Admaiora
Did you find this post helpful? Feel free to Like this post.
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.

EESignature

Message 9 of 12
PafecDOGS

Just as a matter on interest, I've taken a snapshot of the rule thats been added to the Part File template - was wondering if anyone knows what i need to change to get it to work properly ...

iLogic Error.jpg

Message 10 of 12
admaiora

if your template is set to mm, and you want mm, then you can delete, suppress or sett as comments the rule.

Admaiora
Did you find this post helpful? Feel free to Like this post.
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.

EESignature

Message 11 of 12
mrattray

Try this:

If ThisDoc.Document.Dirty = True Then
	Area = iProperties.Area/(1e+06)
End If

Mike (not Matt) Rattray

Message 12 of 12
PafecDOGS
in reply to: mrattray

I think that may have done the trick! I've changed the template and we'll see how it goes; the test part i tried seemed to be ok

Kudos² to you sir!

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report