Inventor General Discussion

Inventor General Discussion

steveherenow
Message 21 of 53 (902 Views)

Re: Inventor ONLINE help is now live on Autodesk Knowledge Network (AKN)

11-10-2013 11:27 AM in reply to: jeanie.wayker
Jeanie:

That link is for help files to be installed with inventor, they are not a stand alone help. I am giving up searching for help here. Wish wikihelp had been allowed to stand until a replacement was ready. That was a big mistake.
?
Kieran
Distinguished Contributor
Ray_P
Message 22 of 53 (811 Views)

12-17-2013 06:46 AM in reply to: jeanie.wayker
One thing online help does not cover: Is there a way to mirror an I-part in the part factory environment? I have posted this and no one has touched it in the last year.
Ray_P
Message 23 of 53 (809 Views)

12-17-2013 06:54 AM in reply to: Curtis_Waguespack
Hello do you know of a way to mirror an I-part in the part factory table. I have searched and tried and sure would be nice. When a left hand part is required in a model there is not an easy way to accomplish this task I have recently found that if I derive in the parent factory part rather than the child component I can get better results. I set the parent part to desired configuration and update and suppress link in the mirror part. This works well but to create an I-Factory assembly it is not feasible as I cannot use table replace. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks
TerryLyles
Message 24 of 53 (797 Views)

Direct me to help, please.

12-17-2013 01:42 PM in reply to: jeanie.wayker

Finally. I hope you can direct me to help. It doeas not deal with AKN.

I was not able to find out how to post a question - just what to put in one.

I want to convert aq STL file to a STL solid for 3D printing.

I've installed 'Mesh Enabler'.

I followed

http://grabcad.com/questions/tutorial-convert-stl-mesh-to-solid-file-in-autodesk-inventor .

Did the 'Convert to Base Feture', a ipt file was made ansd saved.

Butit does not appear solid and I am not able to save as stl.

Can you help or difrect me to help?

Win 7 - Inventor 2013
Ray_P
Message 25 of 53 (782 Views)

12-18-2013 05:27 AM in reply to: Ray_P
The reason I have posted here is because obviously I cant get a response to my issue in the discussion group or wiki help. Thanks
ian.solomon
Message 26 of 53 (741 Views)

12-29-2013 08:17 PM in reply to: jeanie.wayker

I have just installed Inventor 2014 across 11 workstations using a deployment. When I click the 'Help' button, a web browser opens with:

Autodesk Inventor 2014 Help

The Help for this Autodesk product is now online and is being continuously updated. To access the online help you must be connected to the internet.

To access the Inventor 2014 Help when you are offline, you must download the Inventor 2014 local help. To download, access the internet and download from here:http://autodesk.com/inventor-2014-help-download

What do I do to access the online 'help'

Ian Solomon

calderona45
Message 27 of 53 (611 Views)

02-09-2014 03:23 PM in reply to: jeanie.wayker

I require assistance on treansfering a .dwg file (CAD) to a .itp (Inventor Part) can you guys please help???

*Expert Elite*
Cadmanto
Message 28 of 53 (596 Views)

02-10-2014 04:38 AM in reply to: steveherenow

Welcome to the forum,

Not sure what your part looks like, but there is no directway to create an Inventor part (.ipt) from an Autocad drawing (.dwg)

You can copy and past the drawing sketches into an Inventor sketch to protrude or revolve, but that is about it.

FYI, it would be better next time to start your own thread instead of piggy backing an existing one. :smileyhappy:

check.PNGIf this solved your issue please mark this posting "Accept as Solution".

Or if you like something that was said and it was helpful, Kudoskudos.PNG are appreciated. Thanks!!!! :smileyvery-happy:

New EE Logo.PNG

Inventor.PNG     vault.PNG

Best Regards,
Scott McFadden
Inventor Professional 2014
(Colossians 3:23-25)

*Expert Elite*
Cadmanto
Message 29 of 53 (595 Views)

02-10-2014 04:40 AM in reply to: Ray_P

Ray,

Did you get an answer to your issue?  If not, post a link to your thread here and I will take a look at it.

check.PNGIf this solved your issue please mark this posting "Accept as Solution".

Or if you like something that was said and it was helpful, Kudoskudos.PNG are appreciated. Thanks!!!! :smileyvery-happy:

New EE Logo.PNG

Inventor.PNG     vault.PNG

Best Regards,
Scott McFadden
Inventor Professional 2014
(Colossians 3:23-25)

*Expert Elite*
mrattray
Message 30 of 53 (588 Views)

02-10-2014 05:03 AM in reply to: Cadmanto
You can translate the data directly, if the dwg contains a solid model. However, I've never had much success with it. If you are talking about 3D data then your best bet is to export it to a sat file and import that. If it's 2D data, then Scott is right. Your best bet is to recreate the part in Inventor from scratch. Can you give us anymore information about your problem?
Mike (not Matt) Rattray

Post to the Community

Have questions about Autodesk products? Ask the community.

New Post
Announcements
Do you have 60 seconds to spare? The Autodesk Community Team is revamping our site ranking system and we want your feedback! Please click here to launch the 5 question survey. As always your input is greatly appreciated.