Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Inventor ONLINE help is now live on Autodesk Knowledge Network (AKN)

54 REPLIES 54
Message 1 of 55
jeanie.wayker
4154 Views, 54 Replies

Inventor ONLINE help is now live on Autodesk Knowledge Network (AKN)

The transition is complete for the Inventor R2014 help!

Thank you for your patience as we transitioned  from the Autodesk Wiki online Help pages to the new Autodesk online Help environment, Autodesk Knowledge Network (AKN). You should enjoy improved performance and search options, along with a fresh new look here: http://help.autodesk.com/view/INVNTOR/2014/ENU/.

You will be redirected automatically to AKN and the Inventor 2014 help  when you access Help from within:

• Inventor 2014
  • Inventor 2013  
  • Inventor 2012

The AKN help is available in English only at this time.

We are excited to bring , Autodesk Knowledge Network (AKN)to you and we look forward to your participation and comments.

Please let me know of any questions,

Thank you,

Jeanie Wayker

54 REPLIES 54
Message 41 of 55
mrattray
in reply to: Ray_P

Capture.JPG

Mike (not Matt) Rattray

Message 42 of 55

hello,

i have one question i want to install maya 2014 in windows 8 ,does it support to windows 8?

Message 43 of 55
Cadmanto
in reply to: mrattray

Deepak,

Check out this link.  It should answer your question.

http://knowledge.autodesk.com/support/maya/troubleshooting/caas/sfdcarticles/sfdcarticles/System-req...

check.PNGIf this solved your issue please mark this posting "Accept as Solution".

Or if you like something that was said and it was helpful, Kudoskudos.PNG are appreciated. Thanks!!!! Smiley Very Happy

New EE Logo.PNG

Inventor.PNG     vault.PNG

Best Regards,
Scott McFadden
(Colossians 3:23-25)

Message 44 of 55
LT.Rusty
in reply to: deepak13101986

@deepak13101986 wrote:

hello,

i have one question i want to install maya 2014 in windows 8 ,does it support to windows 8?

Also, for future questions about Maya, you might wish to post in the Maya forum ... (relatively) few Inventor users are also proficient with Maya.

Rusty

EESignature

Message 45 of 55
Ozfuser
in reply to: jeanie.wayker

Thank you Jeanie,

I am up to version 2015 with Inventor running on Win 8.1 but may not be educated in Creative Commons, hence do not know how to get past the page presented on my screen every time I hit F1 or help "?" within Inventor:

http://help.autodesk.com/view/INVNTOR/2015/ENU/

Thank you for any comments

Tags (1)
Message 46 of 55
jeanie.wayker
in reply to: Ozfuser

Hi,

I will look into this. I am not sure what the problem is.

Thank you for alerting us to this.

Jeanie Wayker

Message 47 of 55
Ozfuser

Thank you Jeanie for engaging in my problem (it seem to me that is only my problem).

Through my trying, I have just find that the help link WORKS on the Inventors Home Page (screen grab attached) but still NOT from within the design/context of work space. Please find my second "Error page" attached. 

This Inventor 2015 is running on my Win 8.1 64Bit DELL Inspiron 1720 (about 6Yrs old) 8GB and NVidia Geeforce 8600 Graphics (these last details may not be relevant.)

This Error is constant not intermitted and I am prepared to demonstrate it anytime to my local dealer.

Hopefully 

stoth

Message 48 of 55
jeanie.wayker
in reply to: Ozfuser

Hi, The team investigating your issue is asking for more information:

First, it sounds like this is  isolated to just your machine as far as you can tell?

Next, Are there any known browser setting/restrictions in place, etc. on your computer and/or on your network?

Thank you for any additional info you can supply,

I am very sorry to hear you are having this problem.

Jeanie

Message 49 of 55
Ozfuser

Thank you SOOOO much Jeanie!!

I was running Google Chrome as my default browser.  As you suggested, I have changed to IE 11....   and it worked strait away.

I am forever grateful for your input!!

Message 50 of 55
Ozfuser

Thank you SOOOO much Jeanie!!

I was running Google Chrome as my default browser.  As you suggested, I have changed to IE 11....   and it worked strait away.

I am forever grateful for YOUR input!!

Message 51 of 55
Ray_P
in reply to: mrattray

remove me from this topic the topic options drop down does not work fix it so I to can unsubscribe
Message 52 of 55

Hi,

I am a engineering student in need of assistance with Inventor Pro 2012, which is what my college teaches. My issue is that, when trying to find 2012 Inventor Pro, the download I got instead of 2012 Inventor Pro, ended up being fusion 2012,which is not the same as Inventor Pro 2012?

I do not see anything in the inventor software that looks like the Pro version my school uses,but they claim its able to be downloaded ? if so could you assist me with a direct link to go download?

Thanks Adam.

Message 53 of 55

Hi @adam.bonner2008 ,,

Since you are a student, you can register to the Autodesk Education Community to download the free student version from there.

Alternatively, you can also download the software installer from our Virtual Agent. From there click on Download Links, then click on Inventor Products, then click on Autodesk Inventor, and finally click on the download link under 2012.

Thanks,

Jeffrey Sin

Autodesk Customer Support
Message 54 of 55

Hi Jeanie,

I want to know how we can access Inventor 2014 help from AKN.

I mean every time do we have to in web browswer and open AKN 2014 Inventor help file through favorites

or it will open automatically after pressing F1 if I am working in Inventor!! if yes then how I can do it. Please guide.

Because I am using Invetor 2014 but I can not access Inventor 2014 help by F1 while working in Inventor.

After pressing F1 I always get a white screen and a black center point in web browswer. please see attached image.

It will be great if you can help for operating help within Inventor.

Thank you and best regards,

Dnyaneshwar MaidF1_Inventor 2014.PNG

Dnyaneshwar Maid
Design Engineer @MIBA,
Student Expert@Inventor

Did this resolve your issue? Please accept it "As a Solution" so others may benefit from it.
Message 55 of 55

Yes, the online help  displays by default when you press F1 or access help from the help button on a dialog box, etc.

I see from your browser bar in the screen shot you are accessing the local help.

Follow these instructions to set the online help as your default

Download and Install Inventor 2014 Product Help | Inventor Products | Autodesk Knowledge Network

1. Access C:\Program Files\Autodesk\Inventor 2014\Bin\helpids.xml and ensure the UseOnline value is set to ‘1’ as follows: UseOnline="1". If the value is set to ‘0’, change the value to ‘1’ if you want to access the online help.
  2. Run regedit.exe
  3. Access HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Autodesk\Inventor\RegistryVersion18 .0
  4. Double-click EnableOnlineHelp
  5. Change the Value Data field to 1.

I hope this solve the issue.

Jeanie

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report