Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Inventor ONLINE help is now live on Autodesk Knowledge Network (AKN)

54 REPLIES 54
Message 1 of 55
jeanie.wayker
4155 Views, 54 Replies

Inventor ONLINE help is now live on Autodesk Knowledge Network (AKN)

The transition is complete for the Inventor R2014 help!

Thank you for your patience as we transitioned  from the Autodesk Wiki online Help pages to the new Autodesk online Help environment, Autodesk Knowledge Network (AKN). You should enjoy improved performance and search options, along with a fresh new look here: http://help.autodesk.com/view/INVNTOR/2014/ENU/.

You will be redirected automatically to AKN and the Inventor 2014 help  when you access Help from within:

• Inventor 2014
  • Inventor 2013  
  • Inventor 2012

The AKN help is available in English only at this time.

We are excited to bring , Autodesk Knowledge Network (AKN)to you and we look forward to your participation and comments.

Please let me know of any questions,

Thank you,

Jeanie Wayker

54 REPLIES 54
Message 21 of 55

Jeanie:

That link is for help files to be installed with inventor, they are not a stand alone help. I am giving up searching for help here. Wish wikihelp had been allowed to stand until a replacement was ready. That was a big mistake.
?
Kieran
Message 22 of 55
Ray_P
in reply to: jeanie.wayker

One thing online help does not cover: Is there a way to mirror an I-part in the part factory environment? I have posted this and no one has touched it in the last year.
Message 23 of 55
Ray_P
in reply to: Curtis_Waguespack

Hello do you know of a way to mirror an I-part in the part factory table. I have searched and tried and sure would be nice. When a left hand part is required in a model there is not an easy way to accomplish this task I have recently found that if I derive in the parent factory part rather than the child component I can get better results. I set the parent part to desired configuration and update and suppress link in the mirror part. This works well but to create an I-Factory assembly it is not feasible as I cannot use table replace. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks
Message 24 of 55
TerryLyles

Finally. I hope you can direct me to help. It doeas not deal with AKN.

I was not able to find out how to post a question - just what to put in one.

I want to convert aq STL file to a STL solid for 3D printing.

I've installed 'Mesh Enabler'.

I followed

http://grabcad.com/questions/tutorial-convert-stl-mesh-to-solid-file-in-autodesk-inventor .

Did the 'Convert to Base Feture', a ipt file was made ansd saved.

Butit does not appear solid and I am not able to save as stl.

Can you help or difrect me to help?

Win 7 - Inventor 2013
Message 25 of 55
Ray_P
in reply to: Ray_P

The reason I have posted here is because obviously I cant get a response to my issue in the discussion group or wiki help. Thanks
Message 26 of 55
ian.solomon

I have just installed Inventor 2014 across 11 workstations using a deployment. When I click the 'Help' button, a web browser opens with:

Autodesk Inventor 2014 Help

The Help for this Autodesk product is now online and is being continuously updated. To access the online help you must be connected to the internet.

To access the Inventor 2014 Help when you are offline, you must download the Inventor 2014 local help. To download, access the internet and download from here:http://autodesk.com/inventor-2014-help-download

What do I do to access the online 'help'

Ian Solomon

Message 27 of 55
calderona45

I require assistance on treansfering a .dwg file (CAD) to a .itp (Inventor Part) can you guys please help???

Message 28 of 55
Cadmanto
in reply to: steveherenow

Welcome to the forum,

Not sure what your part looks like, but there is no directway to create an Inventor part (.ipt) from an Autocad drawing (.dwg)

You can copy and past the drawing sketches into an Inventor sketch to protrude or revolve, but that is about it.

FYI, it would be better next time to start your own thread instead of piggy backing an existing one. Smiley Happy

check.PNGIf this solved your issue please mark this posting "Accept as Solution".

Or if you like something that was said and it was helpful, Kudoskudos.PNG are appreciated. Thanks!!!! Smiley Very Happy

New EE Logo.PNG

Inventor.PNG     vault.PNG

Best Regards,
Scott McFadden
(Colossians 3:23-25)

Message 29 of 55
Cadmanto
in reply to: Ray_P

Ray,

Did you get an answer to your issue?  If not, post a link to your thread here and I will take a look at it.

check.PNGIf this solved your issue please mark this posting "Accept as Solution".

Or if you like something that was said and it was helpful, Kudoskudos.PNG are appreciated. Thanks!!!! Smiley Very Happy

New EE Logo.PNG

Inventor.PNG     vault.PNG

Best Regards,
Scott McFadden
(Colossians 3:23-25)

Message 30 of 55
mrattray
in reply to: Cadmanto

You can translate the data directly, if the dwg contains a solid model. However, I've never had much success with it. If you are talking about 3D data then your best bet is to export it to a sat file and import that. If it's 2D data, then Scott is right. Your best bet is to recreate the part in Inventor from scratch. Can you give us anymore information about your problem?
Mike (not Matt) Rattray

Message 31 of 55
jeanie.wayker
in reply to: ian.solomon

Please try again. Please make sure you are online - When you click help in R2014 and you are online you should be directed to this page:

http://help.autodesk.com/view/INVNTOR/2014/ENU/

Let me know if you are accessing the help now.

Thank you,

Jeanie

Message 32 of 55
LT.Rusty

@jeanie.wayker wrote:

Please try again. Please make sure you are online - When you click help in R2014 and you are online you should be directed to this page:

http://help.autodesk.com/view/INVNTOR/2014/ENU/

Let me know if you are accessing the help now.

Thank you,

Jeanie

Or if you click help in 2013 ... and (I'm told) in 2012 as well ...

When will the correct help files for the earlier versions - for those of us whose companies prefer to stay a little behind - come back?

Rusty

EESignature

Message 33 of 55
ian.solomon

I have installed the local help files. That is all that I have. It doesn't matter whether I am online or not, I only get the local help files.

Message 34 of 55
jeanie.wayker
in reply to: ian.solomon

Please see http://knowledge.autodesk.com/support/inventor-products/downloads/caas/downloads/content/download-an...

Access C:\Program Files\Autodesk\Inventor 2014\Bin\helpids.xml and ensure the UseOnline value is set to ‘0’ - when set to '0' the ONLINE help will launch when you are online.

when set to '1' the LOCAL help will launch even when you are online.

Let me know if this resolves the issue.

Thank you,

Jeanie

Message 35 of 55
jeanie.wayker
in reply to: LT.Rusty

We apologize for this inconvenience but due to the transistion to the Autodesk Knowledge Network -

If you want to access the online help, You will be redirected automatically to AKN and the Inventor 2014 help  when you access Help from within:

• Inventor 2014
  • Inventor 2013  
  • Inventor 2012

If you want the R2013 Help, you can download http://autodesk.com/inventor-2013-help-download, follow these instructions to always access the local help even when you are online:

After installing, if you always want to access the local help from within Inventor:

1. Access C:\Program Files\Autodesk\Inventor 2014\Bin\helpids.xml and ensure the UseOnline value is set to ‘1’ as follows: UseOnline="1". If the value is set to ‘0’, change the value to ‘1’.
  2. Run regedit.exe
  3. Access HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Autodesk\Inventor\RegistryVersion18 .0
  4. Double-click EnableOnlineHelp
  5. Change the Value Data field to 0.

Thank you, and again, we do apologize for this inconvenience.

Jeanie

You can find these instructions here:

Message 36 of 55
mrattray

Perhaps this should be a real setting (available in the GUI)?
Mike (not Matt) Rattray

Message 37 of 55
jeanie.wayker
in reply to: mrattray

Indeed!!! Loud and clear! Loud and clear, my friend!!!!

Thank YOU!

Jeanie

Message 38 of 55
LT.Rusty

@jeanie.wayker wrote:

We apologize for this inconvenience but due to the transistion to the Autodesk Knowledge Network -

If you want to access the online help, You will be redirected automatically to AKN and the Inventor 2014 help  when you access Help from within:

• Inventor 2014
  • Inventor 2013  
  • Inventor 2012

If you want the R2013 Help, you can download http://autodesk.com/inventor-2013-help-download, follow these instructions to always access the local help even when you are online:

After installing, if you always want to access the local help from within Inventor:

1. Access C:\Program Files\Autodesk\Inventor 2014\Bin\helpids.xml and ensure the UseOnline value is set to ‘1’ as follows: UseOnline="1". If the value is set to ‘0’, change the value to ‘1’.
  2. Run regedit.exe
  3. Access HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Autodesk\Inventor\RegistryVersion18 .0
  4. Double-click EnableOnlineHelp
  5. Change the Value Data field to 0.

Thank you, and again, we do apologize for this inconvenience.

Jeanie

You can find these instructions here:

I love Autodesk as much as anyone, but I really feel like I have to say something here ...  For $10,000 (I have PDS Ultimate) I should have a fully-functional piece of software.  I understand that there's bugs on release, and they get fixed - and I'm very patient with that sort of thing - but I shouldn't have to be doing manual registry edits to make the help files work. 

Why couldn't you have left the <2013 stuff the way it was, and then moved 2014 over to AKN?  Is the price of hard drive space in San Francisco that much higher than Fresno?

Rusty

EESignature

Message 39 of 55
jeanie.wayker
in reply to: LT.Rusty

Hi,

I really do appreciate your feedback. We do apologize the transition to the new learning environment caused so many problems. I am sharing your feedback with others and we continue to earnestly try to resolve these types of issues.

Thank you again,

Jeanie

Message 40 of 55
Ray_P

Please remove me from this thread only. I keep getting updates from you.I have tried to weed through my settings to find out why & I can't seem to shake this thread.
Thanks

Raymond E. Price
Point Eight Power
Mechanical Design Team

(504)394-6100
direct: (504)391-6808
fax: (504)391-6804
www.PointEightPower.com

We listen, we apply intelligence, and we respond. Every time.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report